EGR problem

Right, ive cleaned the EGR valve twice and it seems to be fairly free moving but after a day of driving, it starts rattling and you have to put the accelerator to the floor to clear it and get some power followed by a cloud of smoke. Does anyone know what else could be the problem or do i have to suck it up and buy a new EGR valve, if so any suggestions for suppliers (Just got quoted £160 - eek)

Its unplugged at the moment but isnt running right. Think ill just have to bite the bullet and get a new one.
You blank them off by bolting a plate over the hole where it used to be after you take it off:D but not sure about it running crappy without it. Maybe the ecu playing funny games? You should loose power without it really, they are there to keep emissions low. You could maybe trick the ecu into thinking it's working by keeping it plugged in but remove it and blank it off? That's probably what I would try. Depends how handy you are at making a plate to blank it odd with I guess :) could be a free fix.

Back