K9K EGR

.. I'm tempted to completely do-away with the EGR valve as it is essentially a useless component that recirculates crappy, half burnt ****e back into the engine.
I cleaned it recently and left it unplugged. but how do you stop the warning light on the dash coming on? Has anyone removed it completely (seen it done in Clio DCI's soooo...?) and used resistors in the pin..

Last edited:
it slides into the top of the manifold doesnt it?

It does yes, i've had the whole unit off a couple of times to clean it out, and this time took the metal pipe off for a good clean too as it was probably 50% inefficient because of how blocked it was...

I'm more interested to see if anyone has completely removed it, what it cost and if its that worth it.. I think my turbo seals are on the way out anyway so would be tempted to do it all in one big effort..

i suppose if you got a solenoid from the scrap yard as it splits from the valve that slides in the mani, you could grind the little plunger on that sticks out f the solenoid, not sure on the light coming on tho but if you can get on cheap enough i would say try that mate, cos the plunger is what moves the valve so if you grind it flat with the surface of the solenoid it cant push the valve open

Oh so get a 2nd hand inards for the valve, cut the stub off it and then leave it in situ - I can't see why that wouldn't work tbh, the engine/ECU will think the valve is open as it only senses the solenoid responding, rather than the physically position of the valve itself.. that's good thinking that, and possibly less faffing that removing/unbolting the whole lot and trying to stop the engine check light coming on...

the valve would stay in the mani you would just be taking the stubb of the solenoid but i would get a spare to do it with

Sorry yeah i know what you mean - I was trying to say I could just get the solenoid off a donor car (I managed to make it sound a lot more technical than needs be!!)

Back