Where's my EGR valve

Hey Ive recently been looking into a O2 sensor reading high on the exhaust and have found that this can be cause by frozen egr valves and the idle and acceleration characteristics also suggest a frozen egr valve.

But I can't seem to find it on my 55 plate micra 1.2 k12 s petrol. Any idea guys?

Quick responses will be greatly appreciated as I'm currently under bonet as we speak.

Upon further inspection I believe that my micra does not have an egr valve so the mystery still goes on.

The car reads a fault code on O2 sensor high so I decided to replace the lambda sensor and the code came back. From what I have noticed from driving the car is that the idle is terrible ( only seems to be like this when cold) and the acceleration is terrible (can push the peddle and nothing would pick up).

From research these two issues are due to an egr valve being frozen open but I have not found one on my car so I'm back at phase one. I would love to hear suggestions on how to fix this car.

Check my website in my link. Click on the last fullstop on the page to download the service manual :).

Back