ecu remap

You won't change that with just a map - you ideally need to sort out the breathing of the engine and fit a set of 1.3 cams to warrant a remap

i got a k&n panel with unplugged air feed as its rubbish. over the summer i will probably get a proper intake.

regarding the cams, can i fit them myslef?? some-one somewhere said i need nissan shims or something. i know a bit about engines but nothing on this.
thanks

You ca fit them yourself wit hsome mechanical knowledge and a Haynes - shims may or may not be needed, all depends how lucky you are - there are a few guides and many posts on this, have a search, it should explain it better than my one opinion.

if you pay for membership, someone with a post 2000 k11 did a guide on how to fit these, and he didn't use any new shims.

What go between the valves and the cams - these need to be the correct thickness in order to be close enough to the cam to open nicely, without touching it.

cams are faily technical and fitting should not be done by somone without a fair idea of what they are doing. I.e. its probably beyond most average joe bloggs. If in doubt dont risk your engine.

Back