Ebay Snap and car dilema..

I was fortunate enough last week to spot a pair of Super S/SR front driving lights/fog lights on t'ebay. I snapped the sellers arm off and had the pair for a small sum...
With the bumpers being like rocking horse poo..does this go for the lights too??
I purchased them 'cause I'm still after a front bumper but if I can't find a bumper, what can I expect to sell the lights for? They'll be of no use to me.

Which brings me on to my dilema...1.3 Super S or March 1.0 Auto...

The condition of one is better than the other.
The performance of one is better than the other.
The spec is balance....electric windows, sunroof and central locking on one.
A/C and power steering on the other....

SS engine and g'box into the March..swap the electric windows over??

SS has done 137K but sounds great..March sounds like a Singer sewing machine. (Timing Chain??)

SS needs a sill plated and a front x-member. Front bumper a wing respray..the windscreen is one more stone chip away from failure.

Argghhhh I can't choose. And I don't really want to strip one for spares..

help...please

super S.... then replace the timing chain...

So I should fix up the Super S...then fix the March's timing chain issues?? Keeping both cars!o_O

I did ask this question before,' is the Super S really that rare?' Should i spend out to make the SS good again..it won't ever be worth that much.
I know it's a good little motor..even standard..I've had 3 Saxo Vtr's a 205Gti nd an AXGT in the past so I've had a few small thrashable cars..and I've been very suprised by the SS...very suprised!!!!

Should I concentrate on one or both?

sorry, mis read it,

just the super S

white ones are rare, black ones are like hens teeth, blue ones are like rocking horse manure, i have the most common colour..... RED,

if its white black or blue...... do it

keep it, manifold and re-map and you should have more fun than you ever had in your frenchies, (and i know i used to own a 1.9 309 GTI)

sorry, mis read it,

just the super S

white ones are rare, black ones are like hens teeth, blue ones are like rocking horse manure, i have the most common colour..... RED,

if its white black or blue...... do it

keep it, manifold and re-map and you should have more fun than you ever had in your frenchies, (and i know i used to own a 1.9 309 GTI)

We have a winner! It's a black one. It does need a front bumper though..and that's proving harder than finding a dentist who's filled hen's teeth.
I have the lights for the bumper as mentioned above...just the plastic bit to go!

you have a black super s???

thats just not fair...

i had a black super s, broke it for parts and then scrapped it.

personally i'd keep the march much much rarer than even a black super s, then convert it to 1.3 manual from the super s.

or keep the super s and give me the march;)

Back