My White Micra K11 (1st Car)

Hey! Its been a while. I haven't really had time to do much to the car to be honest. The last thing I was working on was fixing my rusty-ass wing.
1416311506799.jpg

1416311539904.jpg

1416311577682.jpg

1416311638055.jpg

Glass fibre and body fillered. Sanded down and chucked it back on the car. Bit of a noob at this stuff atm.
Since then I haven't touched it. I've been waiting on time and good weather to start priming and spraying.

Been busy with studies and also was revising my theory for a bit, which I passed (yay! :)). Now its just about getting practice for the practical test. I hope I get some more time to do cool things to the car but for now, the L plates are on!
1416311987656.jpg

Got some clear side repeater from Jamie Sykes - cheers mate!
1419003051759.jpg

I also cleaned the car a couple of weeks ago but other than that I haven't really looked at it or drove it for a while :(. Been taking lessons with an instructor to prepare for my test in February !
1419003014178.jpg

I'm quite happy with the way the front end of the car looks :)). Couldn't say the same for the back though. She needs some serious lowering and some wider wheels. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna do any of that until I've passed my test had some more experience and probably not until I have a job! haha.

I noticed the fog light surrounds plastic has gone grey and faded. Any tips on how to "blacken" that up? Something that would last long.

Coming along very nicely. I hope you've been practising your practical...cant wait to see this on the road!

Coming along very nicely. I hope you've been practising your practical...cant wait to see this on the road!
Thanks man! Haha yeah I've been working in it. Seriously hope I pass soon! Getting sick of biking around in the horrible weather recently!

Hi were did you get the trim with the tweets built in ?
Someone on eBay was breaking a Micra with these in so I asked for them. If you see someone breaking a Micra sr, si, gx, se etc.(the higher-end models usually have them) then ask if they can sell you the pillars! :). You could always have a search in your local scrapyard too.

OH MY LIFE. Hadn't realised it had been this long since I updated this thread! I have been working on the Micra just never got round to updating... Sorry! :p

Well firstly I did pass my driving test! So I've been enjoying driving me Micra :) . I need a name for my Micra, any ideas? :p

Anyway, here we go! Ill try and show everything in the right order I did them in.

First finished off the rust repair on the wing. Attempted a paint "blend" but didnt work out too well because crap halfords colour match and other reasons. Although, I have put a layer of lacquer now and looks much better just needs a buffer. Will take more pics when done :)
IMG_20150310_165935_zpss92j8z4x.jpg

I tried out the peanut butter trick on the faded fog lights! It works really well. The left fog is with peanut butter and the right fog without. Big difference!
IMG_20150306_122759_zps1jzj1gqj.jpg

Aaaand shes been lowered.

IMG_20150328_173347_zpsyuxtvdjq.jpg

IMG_20150329_151702_zpsv54yahir.jpg

Now I definitely need some wider alloys!! I mean look at that rear wheel hahah so in!!

Got a CG13 head with 1.3l cams (thanks @Paul Smith)
Took the cams out in my kitchen,
IMG-20150314-WA0005_zpswvfoxjj0.jpg

And in they went into my 1 litre! this wasn't an "easy" job, I needed the help of my brother but thankfully everything went okay and my engine didn't blow up. :D
IMG-20150314-WA0004_zps3eykg7u5.jpg

Sooo happy with the outcome. Definitely gave a power increase, especially with the GA16 airbox giving it more air.

And got clocks with a rev counter to have more moving needles that make me feel like I'm going faster. :p (thanks @davyboy !)
IMG-20150401-WA0005_zpsuvawb5e3.jpg

Also got a prefacelift boot handle n sprayed white (thanks @sam)
IMG_20150407_153922_zpsi80l8oga.jpg

and threw on a exhaust tip on while was at it. Looks so much better!! Now I just want some preface rear lights with a European left light without the reverse light

I think thats it for now! Hopefully I didnt forget anything. More soon! :) Funds are a bit low so progress is bit slow :/

Hi Zazee your Micra is looking good for all your hard work. I have always liked the Micra in white and where I am we have a few K11 1.3SR's and GLX's in white but they are not as neat as yours well done mate.
Looking forward to your next post thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Andy

Thank you Andy :) . I'd love a white 1.3 SR but they a ridiculously rare to come by.

More posts soon hopefully. Got few plans lined up as soon as the time and money is available. :)

Hi Zazee living on an island with a captive source of K11 Micra's and no MOT does have it's advantages I know of at least 4 white K11 1.3SR's here some are in need of attention but one looks mint! Last month I saw a yellow one parked up (I am sure it was factory original that must be rare) not my colour choice but would appeal to some I have also seen a mint condition red model! I am on the hunt for a silver 1.4SE or SE+ I have spotted 3 SE's and 1 SE+ but not have had the chance to chase them up!

Cheers
Andy

I know, I am a right bumhole for not updating this for so long! But here goes! :D

Firstly, got prefacelift rear lights with the left European light without reverse light. Very happy with the result :)

IMG_20150425_103420_zpslljuexmr.jpg

installed
IMG_20150425_121423_zpsl4cxc19l.jpg

And after a long while of searching I finally got some new alloy wheels. 14" OZ F1s :D

IMG_20150514_215659_zpssyzy2gfu.jpg

on the car
IMG_20150522_171729_zpsrc3yy9vh.jpg

IMG_20150522_171802_zps2ezrgeyq.jpg

Sprayed the door handles white.
IMG_20150523_161520_zpslqmzhbxi.jpg

Bought a rare march G# parcel shelf with "Holographic Sound" Speakers. Also got a standard parcel shelf with speakers and swapped the speakers around. Gave the speaker mesh a spray too as it they were pretty beaten up.
Sounds great! :D
IMG_20150524_195219_zps7sslniay.jpg
IMG_20150524_195223_zpsv9ewdmh6.jpg

IMG_20150525_132826_zpsigyfigg8.jpg
IMG_20150525_135644_zpsirwneqvt.jpg

Got some SR/Super S rear mud flaps too. Sprayed white and bodge fitted to face lift rear bumper :p
IMG_20150527_130949_zpsjsb8vise.jpg
IMG_20150528_132522_zpsxbvpwf24.jpg

Veryyy happy with how they turned out :)
IMG_20150528_132550_zpse0hbi3vs.jpg

Bought some Nissan center caps for the wheels because I didnt like the OZ ones.
IMG_20150603_193314_zpslsl3vy2p.jpg
IMG_20150604_164115_zps6q5b7u7f.jpg

Ahh much better :)

Thats it for now. Heres a nice pic of her on the roof of a parking lot, and a fluffy cat sitting on my dashboard. :p
IMG_20150609_154317_zpshmj0zksx.jpg
IMG_20150620_123732_zpspzhhfxeg.jpg

Cheers :D. Hopefully the next update won't take so long!

Last edited:
OH MY LIFE. Hadn't realised it had been this long since I updated this thread! I have been working on the Micra just never got round to updating... Sorry! :p

IMG_20150407_153922_zpsi80l8oga.jpg

I think thats it for now! Hopefully I didnt forget anything. More soon! :) Funds are a bit low so progress is bit slow :/
where did you get your exhaust tip matey?

Hi mate looks like you are putting a lot of work into her and she is looking great for it keep up the good work and please keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers
Andy :D

Hi mate looks like you are putting a lot of work into her and she is looking great for it keep up the good work and please keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers
Andy :D
Thanks Andy! Much appreciated :). I will definitely keep the thread posted. More to come soon hopefully :D

Its been so long since I updated this but to be honest, the car didn't change very much since then. But now she's dead (nats issue and rusted) so I will be breaking her for parts and getting scrapped. Sad times :( . BUT I've now a got a better Micra project to work on(have a guess what it is ;) ) a new blog will be made soon, stay tuned :)

Sup dude, I have a white micra equation as well, its a 3dr one tho, I have many plans for it, im looking to start a build thread once I get her on the road and get some money together for bits for her :) I was surprised at how well they shift considering mines only a 1ltr haha

Sup dude, I have a white micra equation as well, its a 3dr one tho, I have many plans for it, im looking to start a build thread once I get her on the road and get some money together for bits for her :) I was surprised at how well they shift considering mines only a 1ltr haha
Nice one buddy! Let us know when you start a thread up for it :) . I am breaking my one for parts if you needed anything in particular, white facelift parts are not always easy to come by!

Back