eBay scum!

pork

Club Member
Bit of a rant coming:

Why put somthing to auction then ignore all my messages because I got a bargain!

Been looking for Superlites for ages, found a 'seen better days' set, bidded and won them for £73 (Y) with tyres!

Now they are just ignoring me! Gits!!

Dickheads mate, this is why I NEVER use eBay. I've had loads of problems like this in the past, especially with the "There must be a catch" bargains :glare:

I know I gave got these stupid cheap! But if you wanted more money than why not have a starting bid or buy it now?
Was well excited when I won too! Been wanting these for years and could never afford them

make a case on eBay, they will sort it, they take it very seriously. You will either get them or ebay will refund you if they dont.

I going to agree with Eliot on this one mate. I bought a motorbike off there a few months back - paid about £2000 for what was essentially a £5500 motorbike, and never recieved the it (the guy was supposed to have had a courier deliver it). Didn't provide address details, and then promptly shut his account down - turned out in the end that the address he provided on eBay was fake, but there you go. Eventually got refunded £3000. S0 if you complain, eBay WILL take it seriously, as they have a reputation to uphold (Y)

Even so, it's worth chasing up. You won the item, he has a duty to sell them to you at the price you won them for. Out of curiosity, do you have the link to the wheels?

Iv had a bad experience selling before. Had to get rid off my old Suzuki sj413 offroader. Beast of a thing, huge fun. Someone won it, said they paid thru paypal and I recieved a email saying I had payment. But o never checked my account. Handed keys over to the chap and watched them drive away.
Went to withdraw my funds and there was nothing there!!
So I phoned their number and Boone answered, emailed them and they emailed back telling me to get ####ed
So slightly ####ed off I drove to the adress that was on eBay in Milton Keynes armed with my baseball bat, started bashing on there door to have it opened by a very scared man, turned out they had cloned his account and done the same thing to a few other people, buying the same cars too !!

When I went to the police too explain what happened they jus said they won't chase it up because it's just a dispute off ownership!! #####!!!!

id leave them bad feedback as well that is just ignorant. i take it there was no reserve? i don't get some people on ebay if they don't reserve stuff what do they expect. my mate got a set of mint n14 sunny wings for 99p once and they said to him don't expect them to be packaged to well. people like that are just idiots.

Holy #### mate, that really is bad :eek:. This is why (apart from having my account hacked and losing nearly £2000 - which I got back anyway, but that's beside the point) I will never use PayPal. Always cash on collection or direct bank transfer, much more secure. Probably not a good idea going round there with a baseball bat though - in case they were in and turned out to be pikeys or nutters :suspect:. Police probably wouldn't have done anything because they're all lazy ####ers.

sr20bud - Did your mate get his 99p wings, which probably cost more to send? :laugh:

Looking back your probably right, not the smartest of moves, but I jus saw red, complete madness, never been like that, anyone who knows me knows im a gentke giant, i didn't think and drove straight round there, good job it wasn't them, for their sake!

Probably for both your sakes, I daresay they probably wouldn't have been the nicest of people if you'd have turned up on their doorstep :laugh:

haha yeah he got them mate not sure how well they were packaged tho.

i just thing these people are cowards really nothing more cowardly than a key board thief. i would of gone round as well although yeah its probably a wrong move but #### it the police wouldn't do much and its your property until paid for.

At the time it was £35 to fill, about 4 year ago lol also got 2 brand new nissan chipped keys lol no mot or tax but passed mot with £80 worth so was a bargain

At the time it was £35 to fill, about 4 year ago lol also got 2 brand new nissan chipped keys lol no mot or tax but passed mot with £80 worth so was a bargain

Bargain of the century right there :laugh:. Even with tax and MOT, it's still a sub £200 Micra (Y)

This one :D

bb8f0194.jpg

So let me get this right, you handed over £2000 for a £5500 bike to someone you never met with no address details and the bike didn't turn up, what a surprise and thats ebays fault is it !!!!!
I going to agree with Eliot on this one mate. I bought a motorbike off there a few months back - paid about £2000 for what was essentially a £5500 motorbike, and never recieved the it (the guy was supposed to have had a courier deliver it). Didn't provide address details, and then promptly shut his account down - turned out in the end that the address he provided on eBay was fake, but there you go. Eventually got refunded £3000. S0 if you complain, eBay WILL take it seriously, as they have a reputation to uphold (Y)

So let me get this right, you handed over £2000 for a £5500 bike to someone you never met with no address details and the bike didn't turn up, what a surprise and thats ebays fault is it !!!!!

i think what dan meant is ebay opened an investigation as they do with complaints. its just the way the world is for every 50% of decent people there is 50% scumbags

i won a sub box for 99p and the guy never answered any of my emails, i also bought some wire from a guy who i bought wire from before, and nothing happened. i looked at the feed back for both these people and after a certain date they just had negative feed back with no comms and no postage etc, i wonder if they actually died or something....

i also won some car mats for 99p with free postage, when they arrived the postage cost £6 so i emailed them and send them the £6 to cover them, it was still a bargain for me, and they didn't loose out so all was happy

At the end of the day, if the seller isn't comfortable selling it for 99p, they shouldn't list it at 99p (or however much anyone wins it for).

It's not just the buyer that enters into an agreement when the auction is over, the seller is just as obliged to sell it for that much too!

Hopefully you get your wheels pork, as you've done nothing wrong! (Y)

James.

Had the exact same situation only a few days ago, rear wheel bearing, 99p start and i was the only bidder. Surprise surprise the Royal Mail had magically lost in the the post, my arse, his account will be watched for the 100% guarantee re-listing!

Ages ago eBay used to be great, but these days all I seem to have had are bad experiences so don't bother with it. Even selling stuff, people not paying, or moaning about stuff being crap (when it's advertised as crap) and now eBay fees are higher than ever.

Stick to forums or facebook groups to selling stuff now!

Ages ago eBay used to be great, but these days all I seem to have had are bad experiences so don't bother with it. Even selling stuff, people not paying, or moaning about stuff being crap (when it's advertised as crap) and now eBay fees are higher than ever.

Stick to forums or facebook groups to selling stuff now!

i totally agree there mate there seems to be no such thing as an ebay bargain anymore although i do have a butchers now and again. i need to get a membership sorted on here and get rid of some of my crap lol

17" split rim rays wheels with bridgestone tyres £117
Full roll cage £150
Tein coilovers with warranty £400
Brand new garrett GT25-60 disco-potato turbo, £200
genuine Blitz exhaust for the micra £170....

bargains galore. just need to know where to look!:p

I'd spoken to him and arranged it all over the phone - gave me his name (turned out it was fake, along with his address details on eBay). Didn't see the need to ask for an address (said he's a trader, and gave me the address for that - turned out he WAS a trader, as his business went under). Phone number became disconnected as well. I got all my money back in the end though

eBay is fantastic... you just have to make sure you are not bidding on something dodgy...
if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.
However there is always gonna be people that are miffed that their item sold cheap. like the OP's problem.

have got many cheap bargains on eBay before and will continue to use them/it! (Y)

Always check their feedback.

I've only ever had a couple of dodgy purchases on eBay, and I have feedback of 188 so done a fair bit of business. In fact, a couple of parts from my Primera (including my Viper cone) are on there right now ;) I didn't put them up "cheap", the cone has a start bid of 84.99, but that's because it's nearly new, and it cost me £180, so really it IS a bargain for someone.

I stick generally to the reputable sellers - those with thousands of feedback. I buy lots of incidental items mostly, rather than big parts for cars - stuff like batteries, cables, nuts and bolts. Never really had a problem at all. Don't doubt there's some scum on there though.

17" split rim rays wheels with bridgestone tyres £117
Full roll cage £150
Tein coilovers with warranty £400
Brand new garrett GT25-60 disco-potato turbo, £200
genuine Blitz exhaust for the micra £170....

bargains galore. just need to know where to look!:p

Bought or currently about :suspect:

Haha, Spose so :)

No pics yet had to drive 150 miles to get them

Now got 150 to drive back!

Worth it tho, ####in bargain

Could do with a refurb, but there's a company that hires an air compressor from me that refurbs alloys 'mint alloys' so I should get a good price for doing it.
Not bad condition tho, it works out at £17.50 a wheel with tyres so mega bargain

Definitely need to be refurbed and resprayed black with a polished lip before they go on your K10 :wasntme:

That is an absolute bargain - the wheels I'm looking at for my BMW are £400 per corner with Yokohamas :eek:. Maybe I need to put prejudices to one side and keep an eye out on eBay :laugh:

Well they are Dotz. Might just try find a set of deep dish Alpinas and get them resprayed black for cheap :laugh:

Back