Rear suspension, and a few questions plz,

jamiez49

Deactivated Account
Hi all, i'am new to the site but have liked micras for ages soo i seen one on ebay and it was a ratter k11 Sr, i won it and got it home to find numerous of promlems,
the backbox as a just hole in it,/ will exhaust metal weld fix it?(so it can go through mot)
the rear wheel is cambered in, / is it the rear bush?
the drivers door sags down when i open it, but it closes ok, is this a mot fail
theres a light rattling sound coming from the cam chain area(sounds like the chain it rubbing/ does this mean it needs replacing or can it be adjusted?
does the car need a spare wheel to get it through the mot, ive got 1 with it but its insecure,,
your help would be apprieciated thanks,, jamie

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
the drivers door sags down when i open it, but it closes ok

does the car need a spare wheel to get it through the mot, ive got 1 with it but its insecure

the drivers door sags down because the door pins wear...my k11's drivers door has just started having this problem. its just genral wear...it wont fail the mot on that ;)

iirc it can pass without a spare wheel...but if it has a spare it needs to have a decent tyre.

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
and after the sarcasm of the exhaust hole!

yes you can weld exhausts matey

If the spare wheel is there it has to be in working order (remove it before you go)

no the door pins will not cause a failure

rear wheel cambered in? is it lowered? or standard

the chains do get stretched slightly - not a massive issue loads of k11 get it

pollyp

Club Member
the sagging door can be adjusted by removing the front wing, loosen the upper & lower hinge bracket from the chassis, open slightly then lift the door up, tighten the bolts then check the door. repeat as needed till the door closes properly.

both rear wheels shouldn't normally be cambered inwards by alot cos they're fixed on a solid beam axle, unless they were damaged or modified.

ya mean insecure as in the spare wheel isn't screwed to the chassis with that bolt thing? i've got a spare one if needed cos i took my wheel out the boot years ago to save weight.

frank

Club Member

Attachments

• ash.jpg
    ash.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 362
OP
OP
J

jamiez49

Deactivated Account
Hi all thanks for the great replys and that,
the car is very still standerd and isn lowerd at all on the rear, from what i can see the rear axle as'nt rusted throughlike in the pic(ash's)
ive been to the scrap yard today and was looking at the rear suspension parts, i see thers the sway bar across, and a few other suport bars going to the axle, which 1 would cause the camber?
thanks

The spare tyre is not part of the mot test even when it is flat or bald or missing .Having said that the police may have a dim view of it because with a dodgy spare are you going equipped to break the law if you get a flat?
as regards the dropping door -as long as the door can be secured in the shut /closed position and can be opened from inside and outside the vehicle(front doors only) it will pass.I hope this helps -Jon(mot tester)

frank

Club Member
the stub is welded into the end of the axle jamie, and none of the tierods will affect the camber, a couple of pics would help :)

OP
OP
J

jamiez49

Deactivated Account
Hi all, i decided to replace the rear axle with 1 from the scrap yard, i just managed to get the old axle off and get the new axle ready to go on, so i poped down to local parts place and shown them a pic of what i wanted(the lower rear drop links) and they sent me to local nissan dealership, i nearly fainted when the dealer said 105QUID each, any 1 no any were or have any spares kicking around for sale??

DSCF0425.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0427.jpg

OP
OP
J

jamiez49

Deactivated Account
hi, well the nissan dealership was showing me there parts book and the part i needed was complete with the full bar(see top pic) with both bushes in,.. are the lower link bushes the ones that are in the top pic?

That's the one I thought you wanted at the start, a lower link to axle bush, £23 something from Matt in the first link, I guess new nuts and bolts will be extra.

pollyp

Club Member
jamie, i have a spare pair of lower trailing arms after i replaced mine with some whiteline adjustable ones. got some spare nut & bolts too. you could have em for say £50? + p&p

i originally brought these from me local breakers for £90 during me restoration (was hard to find cos they're mostly rusted on) but after recently fitting me janspeed exhaust system i had to replace em with adjustable ones in order for the axle to clear the backbox.

here's a pic
http://img512.imageshack.us/i/dsc01447a.jpg/

OP
OP
J

jamiez49

Deactivated Account
hi polloyp there exactly what i'am after, ive sent you a email, could you get back to me asap plz,
ive now 2 options, buy the bushes from humphris, but apparently i need a press to push the bush in.
and would have to take the arms off and risk nackin the other bushes up so then i would need to buy all 4 lol, or buys the ones off POLLYP,,

pollyp

Club Member
hey.
i'll call ya tonight after work when i can weigh the arms and check how much postage is.
are you able to send cheque, bank transfer or paypal?
or for £70 if you can wait till saturday, i could drive over to urs and pay cash?