ECU chips/resistors cheap ones from ebay

B

bal

hi

i have seen these chips/resistors on ebay and basically they promise a 20bhp power this seems too good to be true

here is a quote from the auction

The mod itself is a small resistor that tells your engine control unit (ECU) that all of the air coming into the engine is cold and therefore dense and packed with oxygen. The ECU then takes this info and tells the injectors to fuel slightly more. This in turn makes for a more powerful detonation in the cylinders and releases the full potential of your engine. Since the altered signal will always stay within the manufacturer's specifications, there is no way for your engine to get damaged in any way.

is any of this true?

this particular auction was £2 in total but before i buy i was wondering could it cause any long term or serious harm to my engine if i make it run like this for the rest of its life?
should i buy it and only use it now and again when i want?
the auction says it is easy to install and quick to remove but i dont know what to beleive from these poeple

any advice or guidence would be much appreciated

Waste of money and avoid, it buggers up your car. The cost about 5p and dont do anything. Im sure there are other threads on this also.

try a search mate been asked a few times, all the probs have been explained before :)

but basically its a rip off you'll knack your engine at the best. tricking the car into overfuelling is not a good idea really....

i wouldn't even bother running it for a 1/4 mile imo never mind all the time

:)

you put the resistor in the terminal for the coolant temperature and it tells the ecu that the engine temp is something like 50 degrees for example but guess what unlike the proper coolant temperature sensor the temp will go up and down which makes the cooling fans cut in which the resistor doesnt,

so in others words you will make you car overfuel, overheat, and not start on cold mornings or not start at all if the resistors resistance is to high

Back