early and late ma12 engines

bobsp16

Site Supporter
i have just been reading some old threads about people wanting to throw away the late ecu type system and to fit all the ma10 early stuff
which i think is a good cheap performance upgrade and would be better than using the ecu setup
probably not many of you lot know this some will but the late type ma12 ecu engine has a different head to the early pre aug 93 engine and works better if you fit the ma10 early carb and dizzy setup

can somebody tell me if this is mentioned in any of the k10 manuals about the two different head cus i dont think it does

i never knew that! ive got mine running with a webber carb but the ecc dizzy and coil pack and it seems to run perfectly so i dont really think you need to change that as well but thats my opionion ;) the webbers are usally jetted for the 1.0's so thats probably why it runs so well

I remember something about the emissions head having larger ports, and being cast with a different code on the side. Never noticed anything in the manual about it though.

well, i'm not sure about different heads or not, they ports didn't look any bigger to me, but an MA10 carb on a MA12 makes a nice bit of difference though, but i cant see the point in changing the dizzy if you the the ECC system one on, because it is more accurate. However, i should have thought it would benefit from a bit of advance though

i tried the car set on normal timing the other day and it was aweful set it to about 9 degres +/- 1 and it runs like a dream ;)

Back