driving test TODAY!!

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
OMG leaving in 30mins for my 2 hour lesson and then drivin test straight after!! First time so not banking on passing....but hoping i do!!

anyone got any last minute tips/things to remember??

Good luck mate! Try and put it out of your mind that its a test situation and think of it as another lesson. You've got to relax too! Its most likely something silly will arise like leaving indicators on or something bizarre, so take your time. Dont forget to check your mirrors too :)

YES mirrors....last lesson i kept forgetting to check them just before i turned out of a road, onto another road. Completely forgot that!

THANKYOU ARNOLD:grinning:

Well done!! - please dont use 'txt speak' people!

The learning starts now, be careful out there! :) and do Pass plus :)

Congratulations :D

Remember, 2 flashes from speed camera's within 2 years and your banned. So be good :)

I LOVE MY K10 SOOOOOO MUCH MORE NOW!! its amazing to drive!! just got to sort out a few things with the engine to get it running as good as i can. But apart from that, WOW!! got my insurance with churchill today. Its about £94.00 a month. But thats with my dad as main and me as named. This is because i can not afford it for myself atm because i attend college so can not work full time.

But still, the adrenalin (sorry if its spelt wrong) is still running through me :grinning:

I LOVE MY K10 SOOOOOO MUCH MORE NOW!! its amazing to drive!! just got to sort out a few things with the engine to get it running as good as i can. But apart from that, WOW!! got my insurance with churchill today. Its about £94.00 a month. But thats with my dad as main and me as named. This is because i can not afford it for myself atm because i attend college so can not work full time.

But still, the adrenalin (sorry if its spelt wrong) is still running through me :grinning:

I got quoted £499 for the year for my insurance n I just passed my test in Feb, Makes it £45.45 a month really good I don't work also.

The company I am with is NIG. Oh n I am only 23 been told that it is really good to get it that cheap :k11yellow

you might only be 23, but that makes a hell of a lot of difference to insurers. And besides, us women (i'm assuming you are female?!!) get cheaper insurance anyway.

In Sammyboi's case, they prob see him as a vunerable boy racer!!

you might only be 23, but that makes a hell of a lot of difference to insurers. And besides, us women (i'm assuming you are female?!!) get cheaper insurance anyway.

In Sammyboi's case, they prob see him as a vunerable boy racer!!

YES its ashame really. Its because im only 17 so they assume that im more likely to crash/blow up engine/etc... but my insurance aint that bad considering my age and that i only had 5 months of lessons!!

Congratualtions, now to start to learn how to drive :p

James.

Yeah and it took me this morning to "get it right" in my k10. Because it needs some mechanical work, i had to make do today as i couldnt just leave it sitting outside my house, knowing that i could drive it:grinning: So been out most of today in it as it had been sitting still for 5 months.

For all you guys on here, Ill share my experience...

I got a k11 1.0 when I passed in Feb.. Well I got it just before but insured it myself after passin!!

Im with Quinn Direct | Linky | and am payin less than £850 a year.. Which for my first policy ever I think is rather reasonable!

Just for anyone out there just about to take their test.. Might find it useful to get a quote :)

lol my k11 1.0 cost me 1300 from quinn direct, thats without pass plus, its only 10% off with them didnt think it was worth it. fyi they dont count alloy wheels as a modifacation just let them no and it doesnt affect your premium (Y)

as ems said before, cus of age, they see us young men drivers as "a vunerable boy racer!!" so it knocks up the insurance alot!!

Oh thanks for that Oxxmate! Ill go get some 17inch chromes now :p heh! Mines with pass plus.. Told them I got the quote from confiused.com for £824 a year, and the guy just said ok then, Ill take ur details!

HInt.. Might work twice if u wanna suggest a fair quote :p

Back