your driving test

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
just rebooked me test there as i failed first time 15 minors 2 major! any advice to stop nerves on the day? i was sweatin like hell n brickin it lol! any help is good! ta guys!

there isnt really a way, at the start of my test something happened that made me think i failed.. therefore i was really relaxed throughout the remainder of the test.... but i cant really think of nething to help tho..

tbh im sure you'll pass anyways, best of luck!

rlees85 said:
there isnt really a way, at the start of my test something happened that made me think i failed.. therefore i was really relaxed throughout the remainder of the test.... but i cant really think of nething to help tho..

Exactly the same happened to me, which turned out to be the only minor on the entire test! Maybe you should take a lesson before the test just to get used to the car for the final time instead of jumping straight into the test. Apart from taking valium or something, there isnt really a way to relax yourself.

Im not afraid to admit that the first time i did m test i was shaking like a sitting dog.... only got 3 minors but one major... you will prob find mate that the 2nd time round your not nervous at all... I did fine 2nd time round.. 2 minors.. its all nerves.. could have a few beers before I suppose to calm the nerves ( joke )

just dont tell the instructor that your going to burn his house down etc when he fails you first time:eek: it wont make hime take that stupid major mark off, oh and if you do get a major half way round dont use the rest of the test as a practice for the GB rally/illegal road race and making the instructor grab for the hand rail loosing his pen in the car, they dont like that

I Was Sweating Buckets on my test, I went trough 2 bottles of water!

Keep your cool, have a drink halfway, and just relax...Your'l be fine...

i took it kool, you know when people say dont tell anyone when yout test is because its bad luck...its not i passed first time with 2 minors, one thing you must do is 'abuse' your mirror checks as in allways look in them every 2-3 seconds thats a good tip. wear a short sleeve tshirt, no baseball cap or anything like it. do those things and hopefully it should feel alot calmer, plus i had a guy marking me on my test so that felt alot easier.
One last thing, he or she who will be marking you on your test may ask you what you do in your spare time, at college etc they do this to try and catch you out, dont let them fool you it happend to me and i just said " excuse me one moment just while i get around this corner" or if it is safe to respond, do so. it shows your thinking.

GOOD LUCK

Passed my test nearly 4 months ago now. Taking the test in the Micra, rather than my instructors car made a huge difference for me. I went from having 8 minor 2 serious on my 1st test, to only 2 minor on the 2nd. Not entirely sure what the examiner thought of the zorst, tacho and bucket seats though! :S You'll probably find the second test loads easier now you know what to expect too. Good luck!

i failed three times in an area which i did my lessons n i wasn havin it anymore so changed area n did my test somewere i have never been n i passed i think some examiners jus dont like to pass people, i found out 3 weex after passing the place i did it first is th WORST area to take your test which made me quite upset :( but im driving now n i think it got easier each time so jus keep up practice n jus let go!

good luck i no how hard it is to fail especially 1st time and 2nd n 3rd-lol but u will pass good luck.

:D

Depending on the time of day your test is, Dont eat anything heavy e.g Big Mac meal/Royal with cheese etc etc, Have something light.

I would also just chill out a few hours before your test, put on a easy cd - not anything like AC/DC or Slipnot!!

What I'm trying to say is relax and try and imagine your perfect drive.

first time i took my test i got 4majors and 9minors, bad i know but i kept lookin at her marking the paper and was thinking, ####e thats another thing and just didnt concentrate and screwed up proper, but second time round i passed with 4minors, i just didnt keep looking at what was happening with the guy and his paper and contrated on the what i was there for

I passed my test 1st time with only 3 minors.

It does help though if you can talk to your instructor. I remember just having a conversation with him while driving, about various different things. Seemed to do the trick for me back then.

-Elliot

also, try and impress them with your driving in the first five minutes, as whatever people say, first impressions do count! and if you drive well in the first few minutes, maybe they'll allow the odd slip up extra later on. worked for me!

paddymarsden said:
dont let them fool you it happend to me and i just said " excuse me one moment just while i get around this corner"

GOOD LUCK

probly better to have a convo with him/her mate,shows your a "natural" driver,,i had no probs passing first time

it helps if you get chatty with him/her takes the nerves off alot

I stalled on my test but still got through it with 4 minors. I think the secret to that was not going "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and diving out of the window when I stalled. How I managed to fit 4 tweenagers in the back of my instructor's car is still a mystery though...

Jim said:
also, try and impress them with your driving in the first five minutes, as whatever people say, first impressions do count! and if you drive well in the first few minutes, maybe they'll allow the odd slip up extra later on. worked for me!

Yeah i was hoping that until i mounted a kerb near the end!

Back