Brother has Been Caught Drink Driving

kristian

One Way Mule
Ive just found out what my brothers sentence is as he was in court today for drink driving last week.

Basicaly, He drove into a parked car 50 yards away from where he was parked, then continued home and got pulled over a few hundred yards away..

Then the obvious 'failed breath test' and arresting etc..
Didn't resist arrest and pleaded guilty in court.

2.5 years ban, then re-test.
250 hours community service
Curfew 7pm till 5am for 3 months from tonite, INC an ankle braclet ( 'Tagged' )
Court costs fine, about 150 quid..

a SERIOUS lesson to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

59 bhp is more than enough said:
yeah i meant it seems a bit worse than what ive seen before
Well, the way i see it, is if i was walking down the street, and you punch me in the face - you have commited a crime.
I then punish you by either; cutting your throat, or smearing your nose across your face.

Id choose based on my mood, and what you look like.
Ones harsh and one isnt - sentances have so many variables...

If i killed the pope - 10+ years jail
If i killed the pope, because i was trying to get my daugter to sleep - 3+years jail
If i killed the pope, because i was tyring to get my daugter to sleep, AND he called me a name - then id get 100 days in jail
You see my point? ;)

fair play he deserved it, but did you hear the about the asylum seeker not long back? no license, no insurance tax test etc, killed a child, then got off with 3 month jail term? y because of where he is from and the lingo he speaks, now i dont wanna go into detail as im shur kev etc dont want that sorta comment on here, but for hitting a car seems far to harsh to what that guy got! but all the same, dont drink drive, it aint worth you pinky :D!

ooooh! naughty boy!!!

glad no-one was hurt, i hope he learnt his lesson and knows that he was wrong to do it now he's sober...

i mean you could have lost your brother... remind everytime he goes out on the pis about it...

He deserves it and hopefully will teach a lesson. As said, it might not be a parked car he hits next time.

Don't have time for drink drivers either.

kristian said:
Curfew 7pm till 5am for 3 months from tonite, INC an ankle braclet ( 'Tagged' )

This is the bit that gets me though.. As he has not got ANY criminal record and no previous Driving offenses... ZERO history.. and thevye tagged him...?

I agree with the driving punishment mind

Not condemning drink driving at all, you deserve to be punished for it but that seems too harsh.

There are so many different arguments from so many different angles on this subject though.

someone who i knew was caught for the third time driving with no insurance, MOT, tax and license and was actually disqualified from driving at the time when he was stopped was only given another 12 month ban and 120 hours community service and a small fine.

IMO that is worse than what your brother did, this lad was obviously a repeat offender, and i might add that he was caught 3 times within a year and got off with far less, most people i know who get stopped whilst drunk behind the wheel only get 9/12 month or 2 year bans, then again then dont crash and leave the scene of an accident too

He was driving a Standard 1litre micra, and ran into the rear quarter of an almera. Id hazard a guess at about 20mph...

Granted that the seriousness of the Drink driving offence IN ADDITION to the Leaving the scene.. But lets not be nieve here... people get a lot less for a lot more...

Its the Tagging that has #### me up...

It WAS a serious wake up to me and I never drink and drive...

no punishment is too harsh he had the choice to drink and drive or not and has to pay the price. even jail wouldnt be too harsh.

no punishment is too harsh he had the choice to drink and drive or not and has to pay the price. even jail wouldnt be too harsh.

sorry mate but that is bull, jail maybe if he ran someone down and seriously injured them then yeah, but simply being drunk behind the wheel no.

i'm sure theres more than a couple of people on here who have at one time or another who have had one too many and driven.

i dont argee with the tagging as thats going a bit to far but end of the day drink driving is illegal so its up to the judge to give a far punishment

I agree with someone things... u should NEVER drink and drive... it is alil 2 harsh.. but then again, he would do it anymore... so in away it has worked :) the tagging is way to harsh

I have a 50/50 case for drink driving atm, 1 unit over limit, they're prosecuting, I would have been way under on a blood test, but was talked into not taking one by the Police, so I've had to plead not guilty. Tell you what though, I don't even touch my car the day after any more.

It's silly

it all depends on the judge...if it was me the country would be a safer place and the north pole would gain in population ;)

kristian said:
This is the bit that gets me though.. As he has not got ANY criminal record and no previous Driving offenses... ZERO history.. and thevye tagged him...?

I agree with the driving punishment mind

Yes but in the judges eyes it will have been a case of he wont be able to go out therefore he wont be drinkin and driving!
imo he got off lightly with a tag... im sure he wud of rather that than a jail sentance!!

not being funny but some guy up here was on the news because he killed a kid through dangerous driving and got a six month ban and three month custodial sentence... any one else sensing errors with our laws?

Alienfish360 said:
I have a 50/50 case for drink driving atm, 1 unit over limit, they're prosecuting, I would have been way under on a blood test, but was talked into not taking one by the Police, so I've had to plead not guilty. Tell you what though, I don't even touch my car the day after any more.

It's silly

the same happened to me a while back, i was 2 points over the limit, and talked out of the bloods by the arresting copper, said i was so far over the limit it would make no difference, even the cop doctor agreed with him, but i'm sure he was being impartial, :suspect: i'm not going to be that naive again:glare: but that was all a long time ago, i wouldnt drink and drive now, its just an accident waiting to happen.

Back