Dreamweaver MX help

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi all.

Anyone familiar with Dreamweaver?

I'm creating a site for work or should I say giving it a complete overhaul, it's been years since I did any website design, so I'm a bit rusty lol!

What I'm wanting to do is to load products in a seperate window from a jump menu, now I have no issues with linking the revelant pages and creating them.

What I need to know is how to create a page that will load 600x600 in a new window, such as like this. http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=3874&image=0

any ideas?

thanks
Kev

For the popup, here's something I just made: Add this to the header (in between the <head>and </head> tags):
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
function win_pop(url) {
  window.open(url, "popup", "menubar=no,status=no,toolbar=no,location=no,resizable=no,directories=no,width=600,height=600");
}
</script>
Then on the link you want to popup:
Code:
<a href="link here" onclick="win_pop('link here again'); return false;">Link text here</a>
Hope that helps,
James.

there is another bit of code that you require that tells the hyperlink to load it into a complete new window??
ill try and have a look at my previous webpages, cause i cant remember it at all.
sorry

be aware tho that will not work for people who do not have javascript enabled, which isnt good for big companies if thats what your designing it for...

"rlees85" if you say it is lol. im not sure without looking, but that does look right lol.
cheers
guess i dont need to look anymore, other people know

rlees85 said:
be aware tho that will not work for people who do not have javascript enabled, which isnt good for big companies if thats what your designing it for...

Current practice is pretty much to design sites which use javascript. I think support for it is hitting 95% of users now, and with care you can design to fallback gracefully. There really is no point keeping design 10 years behind to deal with such a small number of people.

Far more important is to make the site accessible and not use tables for layout... it's actually against the law for a business in the UK not to take this into account.

Andrew said:
Far more important is to make the site accessible and not use tables for layout... it's actually against the law for a business in the UK not to take this into account.
Yep, all my current designs are all CSS based, I redesigned the company website to be as accessible as possible: http://www.comtecs.co.uk :)

yeah i also use CSS rather then tables today for this reason. Javascript is not always enabled on new browsers mainly in companys as it can be seen as a security vunrability, i always try and code my pages so they will correctly display even if javascript is disabled.

i only use javascript for cool lil extra features that are not really required.

Back