Help

TredderK11

Ex. Club Member
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Right for some reason yesterday when I was driving to my girlfriends the car just decided to die on the dualcarriageway was doing between 65 and 70 and I lost all power to engine managed to pull over fine and car sat there and ticked over no problem but when I pulled off again it jumped (like kangaroo petrol). When I left her house no problem until I was nearly home when I got to a roundabout and it did it again just started to jump when I pulled off. It seems to happen after I've been travelling at speed.
Has anyone got any idea what it could be I'm stumped. Its a 1995 1.0l pre-nats.
Cheers Tredder

Drove it today to work and back was fine when cold but as soon as got up to temp started again just revs then dies.

tredder

my guess would be a fuel pressure drop
when i switch from petrol to gas i have found, if i take the fuel pump fuse out it will still run on tickover but wont rev like yours did, and if i leave the injector connectors on when running on gas, it drinks a small amount of petrol, even with the pump fuse out (ie the high vacuum in the inlet manifold on tickover sucks the petrol out)
this is a long winded explanation that, as long as the fuel pipe is full and the pump or relay fails, i think the car will still tickover but not rev !

i'd say it may be the maf fault on the throttle body.
i thought the injectors are closed, untill the ecu tells 'em to open? so no fuel can escape.

Back