dont ever ever ever crash a saxo

Arnold said:
Maybe when i first got a car, when i was new to the roads and didnt have much experience behind the wheel - but its not something i'l do anymore!

I dont see the point, you save barely anytime and i dont think i could live with the thought of being responsible for injuring or killing someone. Thats just me tho!! if you think you're above the law and that it'l never happen to you then go for it.

With all due respect though (not wanting to get on the wrong side of a moderator! :wasntme: ), thats not really the issue is it? I'd say that most people who do 35 or 40 in a 30 zone for example probably don't even realise that they are doing it......however, 100mph on a national speed limit single carriageway road into oncoming traffic (going back to the guy in the Saxo) was intentional, stupid and dangerous. Theres a big difference.....

Even speeding on a motorway, is just as bad... and i believe that Arnold said that he hit 100mph on the motorway :) lol not to be on anyones bad side, no point in ppl preaching to each other. If they have done it :)

Im going to be honest, no doubt ive gone over the limit a couple of time, but its easier to go 35-40mph in a 30... then going 100 in a 70. If u lose control at 100, its not going to be nice

The only difference with motorways is everyone is going the same direction and you wont get school kids running out from behind a parked car! Im a very observant driver, frequently checking mirrors, indicating, checking blind spots etc and as i use a GPS speedo, im fully aware of my speed.

If you accidentally drift over the limit, then how can you say your in full control of your car? You wouldnt ignore the speedo in a driving test or if your being followed by a police car so why lose interest in it at other times? You should be able to maintain a steady speed whilst keeping your eyes on the road, not bouncing on and off the throttle etc.

Anyways, i may be a moderator but i wont warn or ban for you guys having an opinion that differs to mine! I just think you cant really justify speeding in a 30. I fully understand its possible to drift 5mph over 30 way easier than it is to hit a 100!! You obviously have to have intention of reaching those speeds, but from the way some of you are replying, its like you have a just reason to be going those speeds when really you havent!

speeding on a road where you can see, and where there is actually a side for you and a side for oncomers is something we all do,.
however living down a trail of b roads i can honestly say having lived here my whole life i would still never speed down them.
i travel them everyday but no way would i be doing that speed on this road. im lucky if i get to 40mph he must of been rallying that car good and proper to get that speed on a b road.

Arnold said:
If you accidentally drift over the limit, then how can you say your in full control of your car? You wouldnt ignore the speedo in a driving test or if your being followed by a police car so why lose interest in it at other times? You should be able to maintain a steady speed whilst keeping your eyes on the road, not bouncing on and off the throttle etc.

Anyways, i may be a moderator but i wont warn or ban for you guys having an opinion that differs to mine! I just think you cant really justify speeding in a 30. I fully understand its possible to drift 5mph over 30 way easier than it is to hit a 100!! You obviously have to have intention of reaching those speeds, but from the way some of you are replying, its like you have a just reason to be going those speeds when really you havent!

Well thats the thing though. You can hold the position that a speed limit is a speed limit regardless of what it is and it is dangerous to break it anywhere at any time (weather it be a 30mph limit or a 70 one on a motorway), which realistically only about 5% of the driving population of this country actually adhere to all the time anyway, or you go along with the approach that you drive at a speed that is safe for the road conditions.

To me the approach of driving to the road conditions is far more sensible, since I have been in some 30 zones where 30mph is way too fast, and likewise where a 30 limit can be exceeded quite safely at certain times of the day (just talking theoretically here, not that I'd actually intentionally do it).

Thats why I think that variable speed limits are the way forward, but thats another argument completley and it would probably cost a fortune to enforce.....

Glad I won't be getting a ban from the MSC mods any time soon anyway! :)

gam1984 said:
Well thats the thing though. You can hold the position that a speed limit is a speed limit regardless of what it is and it is dangerous to break it anywhere at any time (weather it be a 30mph limit or a 70 one on a motorway), which realistically only about 5% of the driving population of this country actually adhere to all the time anyway, or you go along with the approach that you drive at a speed that is safe for the road conditions.

To me the approach of driving to the road conditions is far more sensible, since I have been in some 30 zones where 30mph is way too fast, and likewise where a 30 limit can be exceeded quite safely at certain times of the day (just talking theoretically here, not that I'd actually intentionally do it).

Thats why I think that variable speed limits are the way forward, but thats another argument completley and it would probably cost a fortune to enforce.....

Glad I won't be getting a ban from the MSC mods any time soon anyway! :)

This boy speaks sense! this is what im getting at

firstly its not speed that kills....... its never speed that kills.......... its the idiot behind the wheel not doing as he is supposed to do.... so breaking the law?.... deffinately......but if he was driving responibly, (not nessasarily within the limit, but with a little retraint) he may have never crashed....

if speed kills..... how come you dont see "police class one driver killed" every week?
or "F1 driver killed" every week?

cos they know how to handle a car at speed, its not the speed but the lack of controll that kills....

but hes a nobby for driving a french car anyway.... i mean ive had two, and totaled both...... and not cos of speed, one was into a curb at work on the snow, and the other was a consiquence of lifting off the throttle over a crest arround a corner.....and rolling it 3 times into a field.....:glance:

antony_aiken said:
firstly its not speed that kills....... its never speed that kills.......... (snip) its not the speed but the lack of controll that kills....

omg what a load of rubbish. It could be michael schumacher driving through a village in his car but nothing would stop a child running out infront of him. By going too fast is giving him less chance to react and likely to cause injury or death. How can you say speed doesnt kill? Hitting someone at 35 is way more likely to injure or kill compared to say 25mph!

Just because you may have control of your car doesnt make you invunrable to incidents. You cant control anything outside of your 4 wheels, pedestrians, other cars or anything and by going faster will always give you less time to react and judge situations / conditions. There's usually alot of activity & hazards in 30 zones which is why they are in place. You cant watch and predict everything so by going slower gives you more time to think and be alert & take the necessary action to avoid a crash with car or pedestrian if it was going to happen

i think the only reason they dont have a variable speed limit is every person that gets pulled will just say "o im sorry i wasnt aware of the current speed limit for this road"

Arnold said:
I just think you cant really justify speeding in a 30. I fully understand its possible to drift 5mph over 30 way easier than it is to hit a 100!! You obviously have to have intention of reaching those speeds, but from the way some of you are replying, its like you have a just reason to be going those speeds when really you havent!

ive had this convo on here before..and yes you can justify it..depending on the time of the day alot of 30 roads are very safe to go over the limit.but it works both ways and somtimes 30 is to fast for that time of day...

the traffic car base is on the way to my gf house i follow t5's all the time goin over the limit..the know more than anyone the effects it has when it goes wrong.they obv think its safe to do so.

btw i went to scotland over the weekend the roads wernt busy at all and my average speed was 70+ i got there safe and got home safe,because i look at the road conditions and drive to them.

exactly what i said, speed doesnt kill, but if your stupid enough to be speeding in an area that could have "other factors" then you are not in toatl control of your car, you cannot possibly be judging the situations correctly, ie, if your on an open motorway at night with no traffic arround, why should they book you for speeding at 75mph?...... but if your doing 75mph in town, in the day time, then you cant judge situations.... you cant controll yourself or your car, and you will crash and possibly die, or kill someone, but again you would be doing the same thing at 30mph if you cant judge the situation correclty, ie, coming to a junction at 25mph...... not speeding, but not in control either.,..:glance:

i heard from the news a couple of days ago stating that the k12 is very bad when it comes to crashing and passenger safety etc.

i wasnt even surprised because i have seen how weak the bumpers are and generally how dead i would be if i had a frontal impact.

drive safe everyone.......until you get a 4x4.........

tse_adam said:
i heard from the news a couple of days ago stating that the k12 is very bad when it comes to crashing and passenger safety etc.

i wasnt even surprised because i have seen how weak the bumpers are and generally how dead i would be if i had a frontal impact.

K12s dont have inner wings thats why....

SOmeone post up pics for those who arent registered.

I like showing these crash pictures to friends of mine who speed and take unneccisary risks on the road.

tse_adam said:

if u dont die in a crash, they will certainly kill you on fuel consumption lol

Personally agree with the comment it's not the speed that kills. The person behind the wheel can judge his driving, speed, techniquie blahd'y blah... If he is driving to quickly in an area where there are likely to be hazards around him eg kids and parked cars, it's not his speed thats doing the damage but his irresponsible behaviour!!

Driving repsonsibly is down to the interpretation of the driver and the circumstances around him as well as his own driving experience, I would class myself as a good driver, yes in certain circumstances I may drive a little quick (not in built up areas as I feel it unsafe to do so) but everyone is different.

The idiot in the saxo is something else, wreckless endangerment spring to mind.

tse_adam said:

safer than any k10 and k11..

It doesn't really matter what safety rating a car has, no car is 100% in every situation, for instance if you're hit at any decent speed by an artic you're a gonner, saxo, micra, 4x4 whatever, but you can cut down the risks by driving with a bit more caution and common sense.

Arnold said:
A moped is probably safer than a K10 :/

yes my bro-in-law's first k10 folded up like a beach chair... when someone rammed into the driverside door...

he got out with just concussion, but the k10 was like a 2d drawing...

heres my baby....

ant_steelhead_18942767.jpg

ant_steelhead_18942786.jpg

without knowing which bit of the road he crashed on i cant really pass judgement. although since he said it was in the 30 zone i will. on the run up to the 30 zone (next to jcb) is a long straight stretch from one end, and a twisty road from the other. you can understand how he hit 100 from one direction, allthough to carry on that speed into the 30 zone is ####ing stupid.

driver error. end of.

i watched a police thing the other night and they said they was pulling cars that looked to be speeding to give them a breath test..they said
"dont worry we wont do you for the speeding,we just want to do a breath test"
WTF why not £60 and 3 points!!!

Back