Saxo

Next door neighbour has a little old ladies saxo for sale and was pondering buying it as a cheap runner.
Just thought i would ask anyone who has had one what they think of them.
This is in a nice electric blue .... has the full bodykit/spoliers on it.... furio model ? ... done 50k total, and done 100 miles since last mot which is out in sept (no advisories last time so should pass again no issues) .... new tyres, looks sparkling underneath .... nasty dent on drivers door and window needs putting back on runners which was knocked out of place when door dented....and a few scuffs here and there but nothing major, clean inside apart from a pool of water where neighbours kid left the window open yesterday in the rain .. oops.
Cambelt changed 10,000 miles ago. w plate .
Hes looking for £200 ... which i thought was okay ... but would likely be easier to fit a new door at maybe £50 and then its undented ?

Or wouldnt you all touch it with ....... :)

Glen

Club Member
For 200 its a cheap runabout. Even if you picked it up cleaned it up motd it and sold it on. Someone would buy it.

Next door neighbour has a little old ladies saxo for sale and was pondering buying it as a cheap runner.
Just thought i would ask anyone who has had one what they think of them.
This is in a nice electric blue .... has the full bodykit/spoliers on it.... furio model ? ... done 50k total, and done 100 miles since last mot which is out in sept (no advisories last time so should pass again no issues) .... new tyres, looks sparkling underneath .... nasty dent on drivers door and window needs putting back on runners which was knocked out of place when door dented....and a few scuffs here and there but nothing major, clean inside apart from a pool of water where neighbours kid left the window open yesterday in the rain .. oops.
Cambelt changed 10,000 miles ago. w plate .
Hes looking for £200 ... which i thought was okay ... but would likely be easier to fit a new door at maybe £50 and then its undented ?

Or wouldnt you all touch it with ....... :)
Saxo are ok I had 2 vtr but never leave keys in car and fill petrol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing how people will sell as spares as soon as something happens that they can't fix. Loads of spares and repairs stuff is basically fine. Can't really loose selling it on again!

Having owned two saxos I'd say go for it at that price. Worse case you fix it and sell it on to someone as a cheap first car. Or find you like it and keep it as a daily.
It's a bargin price and if you put it back to standard then you can try and sell the chavy parts on for a profit.

Haha but seriously I won't touch french cars and their dodgy electrics even if it was free.
Depends really I had Saxo and Micra, yeh for track car Saxo cheaper in parts and handing bits, I would change to Diffrent engine like a jap motor in there so it's all good, like I dumped my Micra engine for a Diffrent engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk