Largest vehicle ever

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Check this mother out!

11032sh.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

This is the largest earth mover in the world..... built by the German company, Krupp, and seen here crossing a federal highway in Germany en route to its destination (an open-pit coal mine). It is cheaper to move the thing like this, than to construct or reassemble onsite.

Specifications:
The mover stands 311 feet tall and 705 feet long.
It weighs over 45,500 tons
Cost $100 million to build
Took 5 years to design and manufacture
5 years to assemble.
Requires 5 people to operate it.
The Bucket Wheel is over 70 feet in diameter with 20 buckets, each of which can hold over 530 cubic feet of material.
A 6-foot man can stand up inside one of the buckets.
It moves on 12 crawlers (each is 12 feet wide, 8' high and 46 feet long).
There are 8 crawlers in front and 4 in back. It has a maximum speed of 1 mile in 3 hours (1/3 mile/hour).
It can remove over 76,455 cubic meters each day. (100,000 large dump trucks at 40yds. each)

yep it was on the descovery chanel a few wks ago with other huge macheans gratte show

LOL meh its wuicker than mine at the moment mine doesnt even move yet! :(

imagine driving that! get ooooooooout of the way!!! could chop the UK in half about the watford gap area lol

i read about this, fhm did an little aricle on it when they decided to move it, they had to do the largest geographic survey ever in order to plan a travel path as it weighs so much lots of areas on land would collapse, some peoples houses were even bought and demolished as it had to go through were the house was, sick ####.... bet it costs an arm oand a leg to fill that.........good job germans dont get charged a quid a litre.... :p

i have no idea, i presume your on about petrol when you say what do they get charged? they probley pay half what we pay, infact there prices probley fell because ours rose so much we are paying for theres lol

no poo poo, i bet soon it will get to the point that if you live in dover, its cheaper to go to calias on the choo choo train through the channel tunnel to fill your tank up! lol

hahaha yea everyone to France for cheap fuel :D

it would be like a mad max 2 run with and armored tanker full of sand :) :) :)

Im surprised that it only takes 6 men to operate..

Must be more to get it up and running.. then mostly computerised is 'spect...

looks like summat from thunderbirds - you know, the futures answer to summat but then summat goes wrong and the thunderbirds get called out to rescue three people!

Mark said:
a friend of mine who is in the army based in germany pays less than half for fuel over there

That's not normal fuel prices then, it's not far off what we pay most of the time. Greece is quite cheap though.

Wow thats a tall engine and truck! how'd you change a tyre on that thing! lol

Back