Help

Ok removed bump strips....simple as, right? WRONG!

One side was removed fine with all the glue removed with it...BUT..
the otherside had tonnes of glue left so i decided to go the local body repair garage for a "caramel wheel" and they suggested that they do it for a small fee incase i damage the paint work cause of using an abrasive....

(i think you can see where this is going)

Left the micra with them for a day.....collected it in a painful 5 hours time...

check for the glue.. and it was gone! ...... and so was a strip of paint where the glue was!

Being a complete novice on car painting or any kind of painting i was wondering if there was any special steps in repairing this missing strip of paint...
(will try n get pictures up later)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The glue removal cost a bomb....well..for just removing glue anyway.

So i dont want to even imagine what it would cost for a respray of the the door panels. :S

no i mean if they messed up the paint when they said "we'll do it so u dont mess it up" then they should spray it for free!

Yeah thats what i thought aswell but they gave me back the keys to my car as if there wasnt a problem.
Arrived at the car, saw the paint and i went back to them to ask about the damage and they talked as if they didnt know what i was talking about, came outside to take a look and said they would need to respray the door panels at a price.

So i thought #### that, ill try and come up with a way of doing it myself.

ng

maybe the bump strip was masked up and the panel sprayed on a previous repair ?.
so the garage will deny responsibility :glance:

Well iv totally lost all faith in that garage.

Is there anything i need to do before/when/after painting because im hearing primer and lacquer everywhere.

ng

the prepping would take about 1hr, but it,ll take about 1 day for each coat to dry in this weather :glance:

seriously mate you should call trading standards on them because that is out of order. they should fix the car for free so make them do it

i would agree with nex on this one, when i bought my micra from a dealership i found out it had quite a few faults on it, at which point the garage denied responsibility, one call to trading standards and they soon started crapping kittens.
If the garage took money from you to do the job and THEY messed it up, then they are liable for the damage and have to rectify it for you, do you still have a receipt for the work? or did you pay cash? give trading standards a call im sure they'll agree

get that on film and it would all be worth it lol :D

ill try my best lol, it would be a good sideline though wouldnt it, "hey do you know anyone who's got kittens for sale?" "yea hold on a sec ill jus go squeeze a couple out for you" lol

NG it shouldtn matter if you cant find a receipt/invoice etc, as long as you paid by card you can just use your statement as proof of purchase, if you paid by credit card its even beta cos youre covered by the consumer credit act, anything you spend can be claimed back if the garage doesnt play ball, i think you hold the credit card company "in breach of contract" or something like that, dont really know if its the same for a debit card though.
But id still give trading standards a call if i were you, theyll tell you exactly what your rights are, and even if you dont go after the garage trading standards will anyway, which is always nice!

ill try my best lol, it would be a good sideline though wouldnt it, "hey do you know anyone who's got kittens for sale?" "yea hold on a sec ill jus go squeeze a couple out for you" lol

lol again i would pay to see that :D

Back