HELP!!!

CMF_Gems-micra

» CMF Member
i need some help i have a 1999 Nissan micra k11 SI, it has 17550 Miles on the clock which i will admit is extremely high - as i do a lot of driving, well to cut a long story short im having some problems, whilst driving up hill last week my car started to kinda shoot forward, not rapidly but enough to feel it, my car would increase by maybe 2-3 mph.
I thought it might of been the clutch slipping so there i go dismantling my car to find the clutch arm to tighten, once tightened i was off again, it seemed to be fine at first however this morning when driving it again it seemed to shoot forward once again :/

Now im a little confused it seems to happen after ive been driving for a bit, it jumps a little at low speed around 2000 rpm, so tightening the clutch didn't seem to help - could someone please help me ?!?

CMF_syko

» CMF Member
think it's certainly something to do with the clutch slipping. best bet would be to strip the gearbox etc down at a guess i would think it's the oil seal gone in the box. and the oil is stopping the clutch working corectly.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"p.s - 177k isn't high ;), i'm just about to hit 330k on my daily, plenty of users on here with higher too hehe!!! Strong little engine :)

He's talking miles. His works out to about 289,000km.
I agree with you tho, plenty left in it as long as you keep the services to it.

Back