Do pulsar brakes clear 13's

CMF_RoadsterGarage

» CMF Member
Well my pads need replacing shortly, and I'm the kinda guy that likes to upgrade things when they need replacing.

So i am curious to know if the pulsar brakes clear 13's, I wouldn't mind trying my wheels on someone that has these brakes on their micra in Sydney.

They are 13x7 +11 if that helps.

Thanks guys

adam.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I have pulsar n14 brakes on the project car.. I will see how much clearance 13's have tomorrow if you wish...definately ad18v (imported 2.0l pulsar discs) do not allow the 13' wheel to go back on!

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"so you have n13 brakes on your micra?, any good?, which car did it come from?

yeah pretty good, save me on a couple of occasions in ****ty sydney traffic.
althought ive never drive a micra with stock fronts so i cant compare. still got standard drums rear, which seem to do the job well enough.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
They clear the SuperS wheels only if you hit them with a sander/grinder. Will probably clear aftermarket or steel 13's OK.
Have a look at my gallery for pics on this installation. Makes a big difference with some Lucas pads as you get more than one good shot at the brakes as the N13 Pulsar rotors are ventilated unlike the Micra's solid ones. Note the need for washers when fitting the calipers for clearance.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Nissanmania WROTE:

"They clear the SuperS wheels only if you hit them with a sander/grinder. Will probably clear aftermarket or steel 13's

This has been covered so many times. It all depends on the design of the wheel. You'll never fit AD22VF brakes under 13's but you can be lucky with certain types of 13" wheels to clear AD18V's. I've managed to fit 13" steelies over AD18's but the car was beached - was so tight a fit that the wheel couldn't rotate. If a little bit was ground off the outside of the caliper, maybe, but it's easier to just get 14's or 15's and do it that way.

---dens

CMF_RoadsterGarage

» CMF Member
Anyone in Sydney that is willing to let me try my wheel on their micra with a Pulsar brake setup?

How much would one expect to pay for a front brake upgrade? I'd assume you would need calipers and rotors, what about the lines?

Are the smallest brakes the AD18V's?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

CMF_alexzaki1986

» CMF Member
Hi everyone ;) Glad to join the best Micra community :)

Well i can assure u, that by fitting N14 brakes u will still have
clearance for 13" wheels. I myself did that swap on my K11 2-3 weeks
ago, and i still have my 13" wheels for snow :)

The 240mm aircooled brakes are EPIC on the Micra!

Go 4 it ;)

Back