Pulsar brakes and SUPER S 13's

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, i really want to upgrade my brakes, preferably the pulsar 1.6L brakes (ad18v). I have two sets of wheels 14's and a set of the original super s wheels. i want to use the super s wheels for the track but was wondering if they would fit over the pulsar brake calipers. can anyone tell me for sure with a definite yes or no? thanks

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
yes.
well for the 1.6 nissan uk calipers and discs fit under 13" standard wheels.
the discs used were either 240x18mm or 247x18mm.

CMF_Trev

» CMF Member
Yes... well sort of. Member Mychael? (Green SLX with super S front bar) had 13's alloys (aftermarket wheels) with the pulsar brake setup. He ground the top of the caliper down to fit it! It fit but I wouldn't do this myself.

For the track use fresh DOT 4 brake fluid and Green stuff pads on standard disks and calipers up front.

If you have a turbo monsta upgrade disk size and wheels.

Trev

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Yes the 13" Super S alloy rims will fit over N13 calipers but you will need a little bit of grinding of the calipers as Trev points out. I didn't feel the amount ground off would affect strength but its up to you to make your own mind up. I felt it is more about removing the rough casting component of the calipers.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well I tested a micra steelie over N13 calipers and it fit.

I couldnt try an N14 or n15 but there's a good chance the 13" steelie will fit over them too because the brakes are pretty much the same (N14 1.6, not 2.0L).

The alloy has visibly less clearance than the the steelie too so I'm pretty certain in my mind now that it won't work as you've said.

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
According to the DBA catalogue
K11 (1.3) front rotor - 234mm
N13 (1.6) front rotor - 240mm
N14 (1.6) front rotor - 250mm
N14 (2.0) front rotor - 252mm
N15 (1.6) front rotor - 247mm
N15 (2.0) front rotor - 257mm

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
The definitive answer is:
1. No
or
2. Yes - if you are prepared to grind some of the caliper to clear the rim.
(I have N13 1.6L brakes and have run Super S 13" rims).

Any other answer is speculation not based on fact.

Alternatively, aftermarket 13" rims may have alot more clearance than the stock Super S 13" alloys

Back