Do or Die

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
I failed my driving test this morning,

Because i didnt stop in the middle of the road when a truck comes thundering towards me when i was parellel parking.

I continued back pulled myself out of the way, and just kissed the curb a tiny bit, was i right or was the examiner right? (i had 2 minor faults other than this).

Discuss. :glare:

As soon as you touch the curb, all be it just a little bit. Its a fail. You are meant to wait till its completely clear before completing a manover.

Sorry to hear about the fail, good luck for next time.

yea im afraid the examiner is right as well, i failed my first time too so just dont give up. count yourself unlucky with the truck being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

passing on 2nd to 4th test doesnt make you a worser driver but no comment on anything more than that.

Try not to worry about it. I failed my first test just because of bad luck basically. Passed my second with 2 minors though.

It doesn't make you a better driver for having passed first time or not. The driving test is as much about luck as it is about skill, but thats another argument entirely.

I don't think that you should have failed just because you didn't stop because of the truck, so long as you did actually see the truck coming in the first place and took the correct action based upon that (for example if you see that the truck is obviously going to stop and give way to you during the manouvre or not) I think its far more likely he failed you because you tapped the kerb.

Just book another test asap and if you have a lucky run with that one you'll pass no problems. If you only had 2 minors apart from touching the kerb, your obviously not a "bad" driver, so you should be pleased about that at least.

Igloo said:
I failed my driving test this morning,

Because i didnt stop in the middle of the road when a truck comes thundering towards me when i was parellel parking.

I continued back pulled myself out of the way, and just kissed the curb a tiny bit, was i right or was the examiner right? (i had 2 minor faults other than this).

Discuss. :glare:

Bummer mate! but its not all doom and gloom. At least you know how the whole test procedure works, whats involved etc. Might make you relax next time and you'l fly through it.

dont worry mate, i failed first time too, i was doing an uphill start and the car that was coming down the hill braked when i took off, so apparantley i caused it to brake which meant that i failed, even though there was a set of traffic lights not too far behind me, as you can imagine i was none too impressed and my driving instructor got a mouth full when i seen him later that morning

As soon as you touch the curb, all be it just a little bit. Its a fail. You are meant to wait till its completely clear before completing a manover.

I'll second that - sorry to hear about ur failure. it's never good when 3rd party issues are involved

oh i forgot to mention why i got failed. i was driving too slow, doing 30 on a countryside road which should be 60. there wasnt any signs so i thought it would be safe to stick to 30 but it was a serious fault apparently! haha

I passed on my 4th basically cos I was a bag of nerves i was shaking and had to think ABC to remember which 1 the accelerator was :down: the first test i asked him which was he wanted to go missing the 1 way sign stuck on the wall under a bush :glare: then to top it all off he told me to go left at the lights and i put my right indicator on and turned right half way turning right i realised what i had done panicked and let go of the steering wheel ! 2nd time I came down an exit onto a busy road to fast and she slammed the breaks on and i also didnt progress enough on a 60 country road
3rd time I failed I didnt even get out of the trading estate the test centre was on as I pulled out when there was a car coming and cos of traffic parked on the side of the roads I couldnt get through...she wanted me to drive on and i said no way im not wasting my time and sat in the car while she went and got my instructor..then the 4th time :D I tool rescue remedy for my nerves and passed with 2 minors :D

so dont give up!!

What im saying is, the driving test is supposed to be about you drive safely, I saw the truck come round the corner, and it gave no intention what so ever of stopping or even slowing down, it pulled as far to the right as it could and continued towards me, i knew it wasnt going to fit, so i pulled the hell out of the way!

Now the test is about to be whats safe to do and not to do, I pulled me and the examiner out of the way, safest option. Now i should have just sat there putting us both in danger (truck vs micra, truck wins) it would have send us into the jeep i was reversing around.

So i fail because i do whats safest on what the tests supposed to be about.

Go figure.

this is why i hate tests, there supposed to be "fair and equal" yet the only two tests we have ever had which were fair and equal was my fitness tests when i used to run. Breathe into a machine, all computer controlled. None of this "i think" crap

sorry to hear that, dont worry about it though treat it as a learning experience and do better next time. and remember, it doesn't matter how many attempts it takes to pass as long as you do pass, anyway everyone knows that the learning really starts after the test pass, good luck for next time.

Gemma85 said:
I passed on my 4th basically cos I was a bag of nerves

you failed cuz you suck... traffic lights and guys on scooters hun :p

all the guys at the test centre i went to got sacked for failing 90% of the people that got sent through lol.

Layla said:
you failed cuz you suck... traffic lights and guys on scooters hun :p

all the guys at the test centre i went to got sacked for failing 90% of the people that got sent through lol.

:down: the guy on the scooter is still alive I didnt hit him though :(

Well I was failed first time round for doing the complete opposite. A car was coming the other way, I was 1/2 way through and the examiner just said "thank you.........now continue to the end of the road". No wonder he was sent home on mandatory leave and had numerous complaints!

You'll sail through the next one, just watch out for menacing lorry drivers ;)

Hehe :)

Next time i shall do what i am supposed to do, which is just stop, and not car for the car and stuff as thats all insured (i love my micra, but its only a car)

My problem is i need it for work, and theres a 2 month waiting period around here :(

Clipping the kerb doesnt seem too bad, on my first test i mounted it when pulling over!! lol

I failed one test as I did a 3 point turn whilst somebody was walking on the pavement?!

I failed one when I turned right onto a dual carriage way and some boy racer in a nova turned right across me from the LEFT lane with NO indicator, I failed because I didn't see him???

Bear in mind I failed that test with 1 major and 0 minors, the incident above which was 3 weeks later I failed with 5 majors and 13 minors. But the one I passed which was the minimum period between tests, I forget now what it is but I passed with 1 minor.

Now where did the silly woman get 5 majors and 13 minors from. So stupid IMO

first time pass...

never clipped the kerb or out but did skid a little on emergency stop...

he said do it again on another street, later on i did it perfect, i did think i failed from the first one though..

keep going my gf failed 5 times, 6 time passer, she would cry evrytime she failed...

mean micra said:
first time pass...

he said do it again on another street, later on i did it perfect, i did think i failed from the first one though..

keep going my gf failed 5 times, 6 time passer, she would cry evrytime she failed...

yeh I did to my driving instructor had to console me I even cried when I was trying to drive bk to the test centre knowing that I has failed :down:

scottish-sr said:
You are meant to wait till its completely clear before completing a manover..

If you had already started the manouver before the truck approached and you were in the middle of the road then the truck should have stopped to allow you to finish it, but touching the kerb is is defo failure im afraid.

Better luck next time tho buddy :D

Mini Beast said:
If you had already started the manouver before the truck approached and you were in the middle of the road then the truck should have stopped to allow you to finish it, but touching the kerb is is defo failure im afraid.

mean micra said:
first time pass...

I was under the impression (and the rules) state that you are unable to get a second chance, I had alreadys started the manouver, and i was pulling myself in, i was at the point where the back end was pulled in, where my font was sticking out, Now if i had thought it through at the time, and i hadn't paniced (25 tonne truck bearing down on you with no intention of stopping does make you a little o_O ) I should have continued in, then steared to the right, straightening up. So yes now i've looked at it its my fault, However as started above the truck SHOULD have slowed to a stop to let me complete.

However it didnt, so cant do anything about that. :(

Alienfish360 said:
I nearly put the examiners head through the window the 2nd time haha
I must admit that when I took my test for the 3rd time I knew that I'd failed when the examiner used the dual controls to stop me,(he was being arsey from the word go) I dragged him out of the car, punched him in the head and left him at the roadside, my instructor was not pleased at all, but it felt good at the time and all it cost me was an arrest for assault, ahh the impetuousness of youth. :doh:

sonic said:
I must admit that when I took my test for the 3rd time I knew that I'd failed when the examiner used the dual controls to stop me,(he was being arsey from the word go) I dragged him out of the car, punched him in the head and left him at the roadside, my instructor was not pleased at all, but it felt good at the time and all it cost me was an arrest for assault, ahh the impetuousness of youth. :doh:

hahahaha nice one

sonic said:

OMG!!!

I passed my test first time, and got 8 minors in doing so. However, compared to mates of mine who passed second and third time, im much much better. It doesnt have anything to do with how many attempts it took you, it depends on how well you drive on the day, and whether or not u really are a good driver................

Mini Beast said:

I think you are meant to stop though and wait to see what the other traffic will do as your technically leaving the main carriageway. Bit stupid really when theres a truck bearing down on you.

sonic said:

:D:D Not stopped laughing at that yet.

Back