Canvas top - Do i or dont i!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Im really in two minds about this, i'd love the fact its a 1.2, its got a canvas roof and its got an incredibly rare centre console, its also in red which means i could transfer my body kit over with some alterations to the rear arches. It has a carpet!! (My one doesnt) and the reverse lights would work too lol.

The only bummer its a 5 door and im not too sure i'd ever be fully satisfied with its appearance, or if this is just a minor thing.

I was checking out (image below) and it looks pretty cool, so maybe i would like it!! i dunno. Just trying to imagine it in red etc.
micrafrontside14hi.jpg

Here's some pictures of the car in question.. the asking price is £300 and it doesnt have tax.

18-1.jpg

11-2.jpg

6-3.jpg

Check out that console lol

15-5.jpg

Again im in two minds, would mean a bit of work moving the stereo, central locking and stuff like that over, but would be a great car for the summer!

5 door - do i or dont i, any comments welcome!

personally i like 3 doors and think the k10 you already have is nicer than the canvas top and there could be a chance of leaking etc you could ask them to sell the centre console separate. but the canvas top would be nice in the summer

I think u should wait out for a black 1.2, like u say u always want... no point in rushing into buying another car

Leave it hun, you'll never be totally happy with it, bein a 5 door, and while it may be cool in the summer, think how bl**dy cold it'll b in the winter. Plus it prob would leak knowin your luck, and as soon as u get it on the road a black super s will apear!!!! U already have doubts, and they say a lot!!

Ems said:
U already have doubts, and they say a lot!!

Very true, i was saying that to James about 20 mins ago so i've just decided i will give this one a miss. Wouldnt mind the centre console tho! might ask if they can take it out before the sell it lol

Just dont want my fuel drinking timebomb blowing on the way to yours! There is some urgency on getting my car sorted now - luckily Speedle is having a goocy at it Monday :)

What is soooo xcitin about the centre console?!!!! It looks like mine!!!!!

I dont think anyone on the MSC has one! Its the bit below the stereo and intergrates with the digi clock, i dont mean the bit around the gearstick :)

Ems said:
What is soooo xcitin about the centre console?!!!! It looks like mine!!!!!
Does yours connect the bottom handbrake surround to the cigarette tray? If not, that's why it's different ;)

Lol, yeah the centre console looks quite kool, but don't buy the car for that alone hehe. :p Nice cars, very unique and rare, however its still a five door. I guess you could smooth the rear handles off to give it a smoother look, but would it be possible to cut the roof off it and transfer it to yours?? Sure some place would do it, dunno what work would be invlved though.

I did think about that, and im not too sure on the work involved either. If i was to do that tho i'd wait for another canvas top to appear in a scrappy down here and see whats involved :)

One of the other main reasons for getting it tho is because it's a 1.2, but no doubt i'l source down another engine somewhere and transplant it over.

Yeah the engine trasnplant is easy enough. :)

I thought about trying to fit one of the panoramic roofs from the newer cars but got a feeling it would be mega bucks to do, would be very kool though. :D

If you're not sure about 5doors you never will be, thats why am selling the SLX, was happy with PAS and the car in general except being 5door.

Plus a canvas top is bit tacky IMO, could see about getting a big sunroof fitted or something.

I had a 5 door LX k11 and although it was good for giving people lifts (if u want to be a taxi) i didn't like it that much.

TBH mate leave it. can u get a canvas 3 dr model? if so and ur wanting one so badly do a national search in autotrader.

Well the auction ended (reserve not met) so its too late now unless it goes through a private sale. I wouldnt say i was after one desperatly, just fancied one really - then again i can say that about owning a March ST and a few other cars.

Another reason that put me off is it didnt have tax, which means no insurance until thats all sorted out and i cant afford to insure two cars, or have two parked outside my house (no driveway). Just too much hassle.

Anyway, cheers people!

Rimmer

It all depends if you want/need the 5 door. At first I regretted getting a 5 door, but now im pretty glad I got it (as I usually have more than 2 people in the car). Really depends if you have the need for a 5 door or not.

did nissan sell them like that? it looks like its a aftermarket jobby? anone got a pic with the roof down

id say if you prefer 3dr stick to it, they do definatly look better in a sporty way but practicality the 5dr wins

ohc_turbo said:
did nissan sell them like that? it looks like its a aftermarket jobby? anone got a pic with the roof down

id say if you prefer 3dr stick to it, they do definatly look better in a sporty way but practicality the 5dr wins
I'm pretty sure Nissan did them, there are quite a few of them knocking about

Yeah practically isnt an issue, tbh i'd rather not have people in the rears (as it rubs). I've got no rear seats anyway but that doesnt stop people sitting on the metal resting against my sub boxes! lol

The rear cards also have two amps in them so that would have been a bit of a problem finding a new home for those

Anyway, yeah i've got a pic with the roof down - lifted off ebay!

e5_1_b.JPG

Its definitly factory standard as ive seen about 6 or 7 of these before. There's another on ebay being broken for parts

and i take it that one doesn't have the really exciting middle console!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know babe i havent asked, I dont think ive seen the console in any other car before - ive seen them in scrappies you see.

I mean ive seen canvas tops in scrappies but they havent had the centre console lol!

aww iv just seen this thread..
cud this be the one canvass top k10 thats sat on my drive at the moment? was it from bradford arnold?

ah well... iv got 2 of these canvas tops at mine at the mo... waynes got a thing for them atm!

This thread is two and a half years old!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back