Do all micras have a fuel light?

I've got a 5 litre can of petrol in my car in case I run out and am attempting to find out whether my cars fuel warning light works. The bulb is fine (I checked last time I had the gauges out) but its never come on.

The gauge was almost on empty when I drove home from college this afternoon (which is in Guildford) to Reading so 30 miles. During this time, the needle went off the bottom of the scale but no light. It came back up a bit, almost to the bottom of the scale and then back down a bit again. Still running fine though and no signs of fuel starvation yet! I'm on 290 miles.

So basically, other than the bulb blowing, has anyone had any problems with their fuel light or will mine eventually come on at some point.

I should point out the gauges aren't the originals, I changed them for some out of a different model of 1.0L which had a clock and an individual trip odometer. However, all the bulbs are in and everything seems to work fine.

rlees85 said:
if it went off the bottom of the gauge the fuel light would have came on...
Not necessarily, K11s seem to have a bit of a dodgy sender, I filled my car up today, only cos I thought i'd do it now instead of later. I have an SR so it does have a fuel light. Anyway, I filled it to the brim and it took 38 litres!! Bearing in mind it has a 42 litre tank and the light hadn't come on!! Whereas sometimes it comes on when there's still about 10 litres left!

Although yes that's true, the L and shape models don't have a fuel light as far as I know.

James.

fair enough my bad, obviously the sender got improved on the 2000 models, mine seems to come on at the same point (petrol gauge) every time.. lol

when i first got me SuperS 'Lreg' i thought my light was dodgy... never seemed to come on. So i risked it and it came on, been fine ever since.

My clock on my dash now works, i thought my gauge was stuck so i hit the cluster. Popped back on :D lol magic!

ive had my light on for a week now.... just leave the car for a few hours and it goes off, the needle jumps back up again..... hasnt spluttered yet...

and its off the guage as we speak

Mines a Micra Mauritius, it comes with pretty much no options at all, so I guess that hoping it has a fuel light is a bit ambitious. I'll keep the can in the car and see if I run out before the light comes on. I'll keep you posted.

Can't believe how far its gone, it should technically have run out 30 miles ago!

no light

the 1.0l does not have this option, if you check the haynes wiring diagram you can see the colour of cable that should be in the multi plug for this option. And you will see it is not present in your car (empty terminal). I found this out as i waited for mine to come on and then ran out of petrol, on investigation found out the above.!!!

Yes just started reading it thinking that its quite new, have you noticed that every other post has been on the same date minus onebott, congrats on using the search feature!

Weird, I think the original post was just about the last post I made on here (Micras been running well!) until yesterday when my engine decided to let go. I come back and this is still on the first page of the k11 general chat o_O

I discovered it definitely doesn't have a fuel light in the end. I took a green petrol can with me in case I ran out. It went quite a way off the bottom of the scale and then I had a couple of lumpy bits so I pulled over and filled up.

So in answer to this, the Micra Mauritius came with no extras, just lights, indicators, wipers and a cigarette lighter. That is all.

Back