low fuel light on instrument cluster

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
just noticed in the car manual that a low fuel light is available in the cluster and it comes default in all models, or so it seems like in the book that every model is ticked to have one.

Now sometimes I feel like seeing how much I can possibly get after filling up.. I keep going for just 1-2mm behind the red mark on the fuel gauge but am afraid to go further as can't afford to stop in middle of nowhere even though I think there is still much left.

has anyone seen this light come up guys?

I've changed my clusted to an SR one, even though this light has never shown up but as said haven't tried much further than the red mark..

what's your opinion on getting the max mileage from the gauge guys?

cheers

Its not quite the same, but, in my K12 1.O the fuel light comes on when the trip computer estimates theres 80 kilometers of fuel left and the needle is on the bottom of the red zone... BUT, (bearing in mind the word 'recession' i've driven for easily over another 15-20 miles after the computer reads 'empty ---' ... I think when u have a micra fuel consumption shouldnt be a worry :D

Its not quite the same, but, in my K12 1.O the fuel light comes on when the trip computer estimates theres 80 kilometers of fuel left and the needle is on the bottom of the red zone... BUT, (bearing in mind the word 'recession' i've driven for easily over another 15-20 miles after the computer reads 'empty ---' ... I think when u have a micra fuel consumption shouldnt be a worry :D

do you carry a jerrican of fuel and a funnel around, to risk that much...cos that what keeps me from going if I'm stranded half way rushing for my girlfriend..

right well i dont think they come standed on every modle i hve th basic l model and i didnt have a bulb in so i put one in and ive taken it below the red line and still no light

mines a micra shape and it dont have one :down::down::down::down::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:, even if it had, i wouldn't believe it coz mine runs out of fuel with the needle just slightly above the red line :down::down::down::down::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

do you carry a jerrican of fuel and a funnel around, to risk that much...cos that what keeps me from going if I'm stranded half way rushing for my girlfriend..
nice to know im not alone :D
ran out on the way to work 1 morning about 3 miles away, steven coming in the same direction in the tow truck picked me up :D wish he followed me everywhere lol :p

they is a switch in the fuel tank------the guage has a switch thing that doesnt always (make the light work) come on OR nneeds reconditioning every 10 years i bet
im sure isaw it when i removed my old k11 1.0 lx fuel pump and assembly with it

<---K10 hasnt got one its actually quite amusing when people stare at me cuddling the steering wheel saying " come on baby, just one more mile! " lol

Back