Golf mk 4, DILEMA!!

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well 2 of mates have just got a black mk4 golf 1.8 20v turbo n boy there fast! and they are soooo lush inside its unreal, all the mod cons, heated leather seats, climate control, full electrics etc, now i got in the micra this morn to tick it over and had a good think about it, got some quotes n its the same to insure a 1.4 golf with all the mod cons than my very basic micra, now the 1.4s go for £3000 but there lush, but i dont wanna leave jap and the club lol, just want some opinions really, cheers guys!

they are nice looking cars, 1.4 will be painfully slow though. I do like VW's i was gonna buy 2 lol. If you want it though, go for it.

i would go for it and you dont have to leave the club, the micra is ######## in terms of moderness and mod cons etc

i wouldnt get a 1.4S Mk4 Golf mate, my bro has got one...and its slow as ###### as Ian says....i think its quite embarrassing how slow it really is, my super S kills it. he hates how slow it is...its for sale.but for 5k. he's got his NA supra to replace it tho :) its gonna be a beast.

speed aint the thing 4 me tho mate, end of the day you cant do more than 70 on any UK roads lol, but its the things in em n the comfort and looks of the car that got me plus its more modern n newer :D nowt agains K11's there just really really basic n u dont no wot uve got till u jump in a car like a golf for example, (well my '94 tropic anyways, fair play if u have a SR with full electrics, sunroof, better interior etc)

plus ive had a MK3 fiesta 1.1 n belive me THERE IS NOTHING SLOWER ON THE ROADS lol, another guy on here had one n he will tell you just how slow they are!

a golf 1.4 litre is 75HP and 0-60 in 13.6 seconds, compare that to a micra thats 2seconds faster.

If i was in your position dude, i would go for the golf aswell. Its a nice looking car, and bigger too.Plus looks real cool.Im thinking about a golf as my first car! (lowest possible insurance group)

No. 1: Japs
No. 2: Deutchland...

Golfs are lovely mate, and the 1.4 will make such a differance... as well as the more space inside the car etc

just had a quote of confused.com n its cheaper again only £1420 TPFT on a 1.4S golf :D bye bye micra me thinks!

I know what your on about with the more modern interior and the comforts, but its really annoying how slow it is...it cant move its arse at all say if your overtaking someone on the motorway as me and my bro found out...the 1.4 golf is my bro's first car also, and he thought it would be enough but it aint. i dunno if the 18's it has got on has effected this much. but i know your saying you aint gonna go for speed, but i bet you will get people wanting to race nd that or whatever, and your car will go nowhere and for the fact i think it'll struggle to beat a corsa 1.2 sxi nothing against them like...but its just the kinda car ive had come up against the k11 all the time.. im sorry to sound like a **** or whatever but im just passing on the experience my bro have had...id definately recommend driving it and maybe like seeing what its like through all the gears and see what you think...thats all i can say i guess. id personally say no about getting this from my experience from this car.

ive heard there slow but there lush inside n that, i dare not ask me mate for a go of his cos i aint to good with cars lol, but if i show enuf intrest at VW mebe i could drive one im "intrested" in lol!

Back