Did you know

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
Did you know that in standard form the JDM March 1.2 (CR12DE) engine produces 10bhp more than a UK Micra 1.2 (CR12DE) thats 90BHP from a 1.2!

and its the same with the 1.4 and 1.5 HR15DE.

and also for some reason the JDM March's are lighter....

if i buy another micra in the future it'll be an import.

yep same with the jap and uk celica gt4's same engine

yet book spec is

uk 205 bhp

jap 225 bhp

reason being is jap fuel is 104 ron as opposed to uk 98ron so allows much aggressive ecu maps in the jap cars

thing is run a jap and uk car back to back on a RR with uk fuel the cars will perform around the same

bottom line is its the fuel

tha would be from breathing mods,,and nothing internal would be different ecu map could differ tho but is that worth the cost's of importing one?

as for the wieght loss,,,,thats priceless

i dont know much about this sort of thing, but i believe the trick with the upped bhp-output is down to the fuel. we drive on 98 degree unleaded octane, 99 if you buy the 'posh' stuff- but our nipponian friends cruise on 102 from what i've read. :alien:

Uk unleaded is 95 ron (except optimax etc which is 99IIRC) and Japanese is 100 - your reccomended ROM rating should be inside your fuel cap cover. The performance difference could also be due to different tests being uses, the possibility the UK cars have to have more heavy safety equipment to conform to British Standards and the fact that (dunno how it applies to other cars) K11 March's have many plastic parts instead of the UK'sd having glass or metal pieces.

Actually, Optimax is 98, and certain Tesco stores (including my local ones of Croydon and Sheerness (when i'm at my parents)) sell 99 octane fuel (very cheaply i might add too).

All other Super is 97 RON :)

James.

Back