degrees duration of k10 cams? (1.2)

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
bit of a technical one probably a ed or bob question tbh, been reading up on cams and began to wonder what the micra cam is standard?

that info is on the msc somewhere i found it a while back

232 :laugh: seems a very mild cam was expecting more like 250-255 degrees but i still dont fully undestand the engineering behind them. delete this thread if u want msc

no need to. It is a very mild cam indeed hence one of the reasons the engine is so starved at higher rpm's. It means there is alot of potential to gain when for example you could use a March ST Cam and have around 250 degrees duration.

Ed

Cheers for the reply ed, maybe you should try that one day if ur stripping your st an have another ma sitting around at the same time. Although its probably to agressive to run properly (18 degrees can be a difference between standard and road/rally cam). You dont happpen to know the duration of my re-profiled cam do you? *brain cogs ticking* I think il have to give them a ring.

Yes I know the exact degrees! and infact it was on the paper work I sent to you :)

They are 254 inlet and exhaust with 8.75mm inlet and 8.7mm exhaust lift.

cool thanx ed(Y)

sorry to carry on but do you know the lift of the standard cam?

i remember going over this some time back when i got a cam off mark which pietro has now in that engine i made up for him,i think the standard ma12 cam has only a duration of around 212 the piper one had 252,and the st got around 250 is that right ed,,
i think it would be easyer to have your standard ma12 cam reground than trying to find an st cam because they are as rare as rocking horse crap

Back