definitive coilover anwsers?

taylor89

Club Member (Trial)
have already searched and after reading loads of threads, still dont have a proper answer.
so just wondering what actually fits? and whats involved in getting them to fit? cheers

the polo ones require some mods yes, but ulitmately nothing is going to be direct fit is it now? i thought martyboy had a k11??? and yes baz does, but theres conflicting views at to weather he the normal k10 has the same suspension setup as the st.

just seen this and the cheapest easiest coilovers are polo 6n ones. For the front they require:

# top mount drilling out
# coilover body mounting plate things drilling

c220e7cc.jpg

e0138915.jpg

Idealy you need the top spring cup maching too so that the bearing sits on it properly, but I havnt yet and its been fine:
0e6352c8.jpg

Fitted
81bef197.jpg

For the rear you need to:

# drill the top mounts out
# the axle mounts need slitting, spreading apart, welding back together and the holes elongating so that the coilover body doesnt foul the axle. (idealy the original mounts need chopping off and new ones the right size welding on)

(i dont have any pics of the back ones except this)
751c5837.jpg

and some more whoring pics :p
b4ae33e1.jpg

d4bfbb0a.jpg

f0c49fbb.jpg

On the front mine are k11 spax coilovers and rear custom damper and spring setup (height and dampening adjustable) and also they are low spring rates so quite comfortable .I got mine from Matt humphries and were £770 delivered to Ireland. Only problem I had was the back cant be to low as it hits the bump stops ( which is cut ) the damper body is to long for the k10 thats the problem but its works grand. And k10 and ek10(st) front suspension is interchangable

fair point need a solution for the rear of my k10 cause once i've swapped the suspension over on the k11, ill have my coilovers spare so the fronts will go on the k10

still leaves me with the rear to sort grr, unless i chop the springs a little cause iirc the new rear struts i put on last year were shorter than standard

Back