decisons

cant really decide what to get between banded steelies :)
or a nice set of alloys

what you guys reckon
1nm.jpg
KGrHqNHJCcE7yJ0uMBPEgEcYg60_12.JPG

I have to say I tend to sway more towards the steelies... especially deep dish ones! What do the centre caps look like then?

And stupid question but what exactly does banded mean? The wheel is in 2 parts?

banded steels half the price, tell that to the dubbers who are asking near and over £400 for banded steels haha

i like banded steels, not a fan of flipped steels because of the width, dish without stretch looks a bit odd imo, not that i dislike them, just im used to seeing dish with a nice subtle stretched tyre.

banded steels mean that they have been cut into 2 pieces and a steel band welded in to widen them. the ones on the (sexy) red and blue micras above ar flipped, where the center is cut out and spun 180 degrees making the deeper part of the wheel face the outside.

Blue car has widened, but I got the impression that Frank used two back halfs to make them - he said something like he used up 8 spare wheels to make them. red cars are Reversed or centres re welded at a lower offset - I cant remember how Frank does 'em.

£40 a wheel is the right price. Don't forget though they will probably want blasting and painting to get a really good finish, and will probably want sealing with epoxy round the weld, both of which will add to the finished price. You'll need a set to get banded too - unless you can have the car up on axle stands for the time it takes to get the wheels done.

oh yeah, forgot about the 8 set way of doing things :D where you cut the backspace off one set and weld it in place of the front on another, this means you only have one weld around the wheel then instead of 3 on a band :D

I got quoted £50 a wheel any width but thats sending my own set in which is £50 both ways delivery, some places can supply them but thats where it gets expensive

, so obv 4x50 = 200, alloys lets say....ATS classics for instance £500 iirc. not including tyres, But i'd prefer to get bandeds, spray them whatever colour you want and you will appreciate them more. And will be pleased with the work you done. :)

tapatalk_1331565243020.jpg

This is a members car, hope he doesnt mind, but how can you not like this hmmm :)

Hmmm, so compare like with like, if you are talking about buying new alloys, you need to consider starting with new steels - £40, 50, 60, 70, whatever a pop from the main stealer, plus the £50 each a wheel to band, plus the postage/fuel to whoever bands them, plus the paint to finish them when you get them back - or shot blasting and powder coat.

Just looking at the price to add the band is a bit misleading.

well theres quite a good chance im going to get banded steelies they do tend to look nicer thanks for the ovewhelming answers lol

Base caps inside wide steels is something I've wanted to see for a long time, and is pretty much what inspired this:

DSCF3162.jpg

Good luck with yer plans, I'm lookinf forward to seeing the result. You might be interested in this thread

NICE! I'm loving steelies and I'm liking how people are slowly sort of going backwards and having steelies instead of alloys!... and I'm amazed at some of the ideas people come up with... So far only seen purposeful steelies (that is to say steelies that have been customised/modified/whatever) on Micras on here but I can see this trend spreading!

Working on my own set at the minute, but I'm pretty sure they're like nothing you've seen on a Micra before!? Got to get some mechanical bits sorted out then I'm gonna start my thread and reveal all!

But yeah, rock those steelies mate!

Back