Banded steelies...

Was thinking of getting some banded steelies for my 99 Micra but i am unsure :/

Found some 15's with 8J fronts and 10J back, but would that be too much poke?

And another question, I am wanting to lower my car, but without having to get an adjustable P/Hard

Would 30mm springs sit nice over the steelies? Or would it be cheaper to buy Alto's :/

Btw if anyone has any banded steelies and lives close to Nottinghamshire area or that will post i would be interested :) Or anyone with some door cards and some Silver wings :rolleyes:

Was thinking of getting some banded steelies for my 99 Micra but i am unsure :/

Found some 15's with 8J fronts and 10J back, but would that be too much poke?

And another question, I am wanting to lower my car, but without having to get an adjustable P/Hard

Would 30mm springs sit nice over the steelies? Or would it be cheaper to buy Alto's :/

Btw if anyone has any banded steelies and lives close to Nottinghamshire area or that will post i would be interested :) Or anyone with some door cards and some Silver wings :rolleyes:

Poke will depend on offset.

If you're planning on poke and low you WILL need an adjustable rod.

30mm springs on massively wide wheels will look stupid.

I was afraid about covering the tread, getting the tyres stretched isn't a problem (Bead blaster)

I don't want some boring wheels but i don't want em standing out o_O (will be first year and dont wanna get pulled all time as mods wont be declared)

Driving about with a load of undeclared mods is, basically, driving uninsured...

jeeeses.jpg

I dont wanna do loads to it and that's why i dont want any amazingly nice wheels and only dropping it so far. And i was thinking, if i put alto springs in and do have an accident, i can just turn around and say i was given the wrong part to fit and was unaware of it :cool:

Mods are not even that much to declare! My first year I got charged out £30 for alloys and lowering. Insurance companies only flip **** if its engine stuff or exhaust stuff normally.

Mods are not even that much to declare! My first year I got charged out £30 for alloys and lowering. Insurance companies only flip #### if its engine stuff or exhaust stuff normally.

You keep saying that.... You keep not understanding. As I've said before, Max paid £180 for a factory spoiler.

But if you can't afford to insure your mods, don't mod

I paid £0 for lowering, spoiler, wheels and filter kit...and £0 for a full yoshimura system and 3x3 mod on the drz....

That's the only benefit to being over 30...

*cries into Saga magazine*

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

You keep saying that.... You keep not understanding. As I've said before, Max paid £180 for a factory spoiler.

But if you can't afford to insure your mods, don't mod
I dont understand that, I always phone my insurance up myself. Maybe its where I live or the fact its a K10 not a K11.

I'm pretty sure on newer cars, they are aware of the trim levels and what comes with what. I'm just not sure how new these new cars are. I'd prefer to play it safe and stay legal.

Looking at quotes last night, 1650 standard, with just wide wheels it went to 4560

Be happy you can go to the Mcd's drive through than having wide wheels. First car/first year of no claims is there to run an absolute ****ter. It's only because there's a great community here that a lot of people still have them as well as being little, affordable reliable rust boxes compared to other cars of similar ages!

On the current subject

Coilovers
1.3 Engineswap
Aftermarket Exhaust System
Non Standard Alloys
Exteriro Decrotive Changes
Non Standard Ait Filters

£1424 or Deposit of £217 then nine months of £156.5

A lot but better than expected. This is with flux btw.

Gotta try brentacre and mabey Sky Insurance

I got absolutely destroyed for my spoiler - It's peace of mind knowing I'm covered though :)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

This is a very good idea.

Not quite...as they will consider that the type of person that modifies their car is more of a risk than the person that doesn't...modifications, depending on what they are (and the insurer) will either be accepted at normal terms or generate a premium loading which is, usually, greater depending on the increase in bhp, total cost or just the individual underwriter's discretion....I'd expect a stock SR to cost less than a 1.0 that was modified to identical spec....

Which is just illogical... hardly 'modified' if its manufacturer equipment otherwise a higher soec car with optional extras is a 'modified'
Insurance is poo

Which is just illogical... hardly 'modified' if its manufacturer equipment otherwise a higher soec car with optional extras is a 'modified'
Insurance is poo

I feel the same. I don't see why they have to add insane amounts to insurance or even refuse to insure you for something that only changes the aesthetics of a vehicle. I wouldn't mind small charges but £100 for a spoiler is just insane!

can we change the title to ,,,,,'boring insurance thread'

i keep seeing 'Banded steelies' with more posts and hope iam gona get to see/read a load pictures of fat steel wheels and people giving out sexy secrets

i keep seeing 'Banded steelies' with more posts and hope iam gona get to see/read a load pictures of fat steel wheels and people giving out sexy secrets
well these things just happen :D

...actually, Gaz has a point...I do insurance all day for a living...zzzz....

well these things just happen :D

ive seen insurance debates get out of hand on more than one forum,,,,bikes,cars and scooters,,,,very boring because people will just do what they do,99% of the time they know what there doing is wrong or right

iam lucky because iam a little older than 17,,,lol so insurance is the last thing on my mind

come on lads,,,,,,,,,,,i wana see some steel wheels get chopped up and duct taped back together with a 4inch cardboard strip

Back