Dear nissan.. what the ???

Shero

Ex. Club Member
Can anyone tell me if theres a good point top the hose pipes that run from the sun roof into the sills.

I dont knw if anyone has came across these but if you have a k11 with a sunroof, at each corner theres a hole with a pipe for water to drain out, but they actually follow the side piilar down to the sills and basicly just lets the water lie there.

I think it must be the main reason for the sills always rusting. Ive put 4 holes and put them through the wheel arches now so theres no water getting in.

Anyone found these? theres no real point to this, was just annoid that nissan done this because i cant think of a good reason they are there. haa :D

Only if you have a 2door k11. 4 doors have pipes which run out through the rear panel due to the sill spaces being unavailable due to the rear doors.

haaa, well i was scratching my head for a while when i found them, i blame planned obselecece, or how ever you spell it. :D

i did the same on mine during restoration. extended the pipes and routed it straight down through the sill

I wonder where the water goes for the Cabriolets then? I can't check whether my sills are rusty, there some side skirts in the way :(

Yer first thing me and nex did when i bought the super s was pull the tubes back and stick them out the rear vents.

nah couldn't get a camera in the sills lol. Just pull back the carpet bits that cover the rear of the rear lights, then stick your arm in and feel around.

LOL.

i always wondered why my sills were rusting outwards i'll go have a feel and let you know how i get on lol

This is what the problem is, the black tube outlined in red runs from the corner of your sunroof and lies in the sill.

To solve it get the tube out the front arch or something, there is actually a grommet perfect for this if you take the front wing off you can see this, ill get some pics of that up tomorro. you can push the tube through there and secure it so the water drains out back to the world. :D

dsc00335copy.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

no bother man, ill be workin on it after work tomorro so ill take plenty of pics so we can stop the rustin! lol :D

Very naughty of Nissan.
They were really trying to make sure the cars don't last too long wern't they,still too many k10's running around still that won't die!
There is also a small hole at the bottom of the inner rear arch in front of the rear wheel that lets water spray in too.Have a clean around there & you'll find it.This is why the rear sill section is usually rotten...

its called planned obselecence, when companies make sure there products dont last forever so that they can have people who will buy the k12. lol.
When you think about it if nissan just made these hoses go outside, filled and sealed the joins and holes next to the sills and invented a better crossmember, the k11 would never die! :D

People who find the hoses will be piessd aye, but the majority of people wont know why the sills rust and rot so they never know little p_riks at nissan have been working against us. lol.

SLEPPER ss, i found that bit aswell and its well and its getiing super sealed later. haaa.

So this is my idea for solving the problem, Take the plastic stuff off the inside of the car and find the black rubber tube, clean out all the stuff that mite be in there after the years and then dry it out with a heater or something.

Then take the hose out through the grommet supplied by mr micra and ive filed a wee notch out the arch bit so the tube can go through it and then im going to secure it. I also added a small extension for the tube to go in incase the dirt from the wheel clogs it up over time. either that or make a guard???

s8001718.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

may not be the best way ever, i dont know but im going for it, hope it help stop us rustin! :D

Drains at the front? What the?!? I will make a point of taking off that panel and seeing if there are any........never noticed any on mine :eek:

Do you also have drain tubes which run from the roof through over the rear arches that also drain into the sills?

Yea, my micra rusted through for that very reason. Since been wielded and had a solid coat of underseal on them, havent done anything with the pipes, for the reason that my sunroof is jammed shut ><

Back