What weight can a K11 carry/tow?

I'm starting a new business, and I need to know if I can put my gear in the car or not. I can't find anywhere on the net that says about weight, but I could really do with knowing what it can carry, and what it can tow. My K11 isn't mod'ed and I am intending to get new shocks at some point... but otherwise she's fine.

I really don't want to get rid of my car for my business, but equally I don't want to ruin her either.

Also, anyone know of a good (and affordable) place to get tow-bars fitted in the NW?

I was thinking that, but how much is the top end, because I can just get a smaller castle and aim for somewhere under the max weight... 250kg is a helluva lot, my 32" lcd tv weighed about 21kg boxed acording to amazon :D I'm guessing they're telling tme the top-end weight of castles, because they sell some huge things, like the size of a good-sized swimming pool!

Towing

I have 1.0l K11 and have towed a 5x3 trailer with approx 150kg and two adults. It was a little slow accelerating but coped on the motorway easily and wanted to go over 70mph at half throttle. Most importantly it coped with hills easily, but obviously a bit more clutch slippage when pulling away.

You could get 4x12 stone geezers in a micra which comes to just over 300kg so you'll be alright with the bouncy castles.Bet it would pull a trailer too,don't forget the trailer is rolling weight.Stiffen up the suspension a little & pep up the engine & I'm sure you'll be fine.
As Karl did I moved house with a stripped out Micra & loaded it up with boxes of records with no drama,in fact the little 1.0 litre pulled well..
Wonder if they do a bar for a Micra?May well be cheaper to rob one from the breakers & get it adapted...

Back