• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

Thanks chaps, I can't afford to give up on it. i just insured it and need to get some use out of it.

The axle is fine, there's loads of road legal fiestas with the same mod.

Mot booked for Thursday!

However Iam still unsure about the axle, apparently they can't be cut/modded/welded in anyway at all.

Will mk2 beam fit?
Can't find a mk1 beam anywhere easily before Thursday.

Does anyone fancy measuring a k11 beam for me?

I want measurements between the drums on face where wheels mount
And also distance between the shocks and the 4links mounting points.

Thanks
Kev

Mot booked for Thursday!

However Iam still unsure about the axle, apparently they can't be cut/modded/welded in anyway at all.

Will mk2 beam fit?
Can't find a mk1 beam anywhere easily before Thursday.

Does anyone fancy measuring a k11 beam for me?

I want measurements between the drums on face where wheels mount
And also distance between the shocks and the 4links mounting points.

Thanks
Kev

i think you,ll find the 4 trailing arm mounts are quite different kev, so would need a panhard rod too

thanks Frank, I can't do anything until the weekend and its on for mot again now. It won't be tested until tomorrow though cose my SIS bf is having a check over it in his lunch today :)

doesn't look that slow kev. speedo certianally moves (Y) sounds like its got more to give tho from what i can hear off the vid.

does matey with the pre-face on ebay not have an axle?

Yeah man waiting to here back from him. he is 160 miles away though and don't have a car :(

It feels slow when your cruising and wanna go faster. It takes ages to pick up and if you change doen its on the limiter.

I reckon I have probably been revving it too 7500+ rpms

Yeah man waiting to here back from him. he is 160 miles away though and don't have a car :(

It feels slow when your cruising and wanna go faster. It takes ages to pick up and if you change doen its on the limiter.

I reckon I have probably been revving it too 7500+ rpms

are you using the cg10 gearbox? or just the internals? mines like that in the k11 can drive it without first far too easily.... the higher ratio 1.3box is much better imo

Haha yeah the motorway is rediculous, try to avoid it lol.

Just got a text saying that the spot welds in the bay are fine, the axle is fine. He found and fixed an airleak in inlet manifold.

Just gotta change out the fly off handbrake and it'll pass. I guess he took it in for mot today :D

It depends on the type of fly off I think.

Mine is just a big button and no spring. A proper one still has a working spring and ratchet system. Mine can be classed as a faulty mechanism. Even though it works fine.

My sisters bf called last night to tell me the score. It's not been for mot yet but he took it down for a look and they are happy with the axle. However he did see a suspect weld on one of the shock brackets. So that may need rewelding. There is also a possible wheel bearing thay needs looking at and finally the fly off handbrake. He said he thought a front wheel bearing is knackered but its the diff lol. Gonna need a spare. And the clutch slips, which we already Knew :)

Just got off of the phone with GAZ shocks and they are gonna make me some new coilovers to my dimensions :D just gotta email the dims and send dollar :)

the slipping clutch will probably be the issue then kev lol i had a k11 a couple of years ago and the clutch in that was slipping a bit when i changed it it was well faster even the top was quicker as with the dodgy clutch it was only pulling 20 something in first when i changed it it flatted 30 on the rev limiter lol. dint know you had a fly off handbrake lol.

keep us posted on price of the coilys from GAZ mate, once ive got a years ticket we are tureting the rears of mine... golf MK3 golf coilovers at a bargain price, in my thinking if its turreted up high enough then the ride height will be tunable rather than having to run little or no travel!

No worries ill post the price once they get back too me :) are mk2 and mk3 different? My mk2 golf coilies were about 4inches too long. Mx5 rear coilies seem perfect though.

Sr20 you could be right but its always slipped when you change from 1st to 2nd. It doesn't slip if your not aggressive when changing gear. I was defo revving it higher on carbs though :)
Flyoff handbrake is old news :D page 2 lol

4148ebf2.jpg

kev,

i spoke to my mate and he doesnt do them anymore... (he got warned by VOSA for it)

and i have a prface cg10 box in my garden with a naff input shaft bearing.... but the diff was fine if you want? i may even get the diff out of the box to send to you mate....

kev,

i spoke to my mate and he doesnt do them anymore... (he got warned by VOSA for it)

and i have a prface cg10 box in my garden with a naff input shaft bearing.... but the diff was fine if you want? i may even get the diff out of the box to send to you mate....

Thanks for asking will (Y) tbh mate for the cost of a box I dont think its really worth the effort of swapping diffs. I'll jusy get a spare box :) my input shaft is noisy in this gearbox as well. Sounds like a dead release bearing :s

My car got a 95% pass today. Needs one flexi line on the front and a couple braces welded onto the rear shock brackets. Should all be completed tonight and retested tomorrow :D

sweet so your nearly there mate. (Y) ive still got to solder my loom lol haven't been bothered these last few days as im full of a cold lol. i must of missed that on page 2 about the handbrake lol i thought you ment one of them crazy hydraulic ones :laugh:

Thanks chaps, just got home with the car and for some reason the box has seized up again. I had to drive home with 2nd and 5th :( I didn't free up on the journey home!

Good stuff! Nice to see this up and running! What had happened to the box?

Cheers dude (Y)

There is a bolt in the back of the gearbox thsts holds the reverse switch. The bolt was an inch too long. It was half a turn loose and leaking oil, when it was tightened it locked up one of the selector shafts.

It was my first check once I got home and now the gearchange is lush :D

Thanks chaps (Y)

The tyres rub a little with 100 quids worth of shopping and 20kg of dog food lol. Gonna have to massage the inner arch a little more :)

IMAG0216.jpg

lol when i put 40kg's of horse food in the back mine rubs thats why i want the coilies but they can wait till the engine is done lol i try and use the van for now. although i did put 4 vectra engine blocks in the back one day to go to the breakers that was a laugh lol

very good work kev, you have put alot of time and effort into the car, and it finally looks to be paying off

well done and a pat on the back from me :)

lol when i put 40kg's of horse food in the back mine rubs thats why i want the coilies but they can wait till the engine is done lol i try and use the van for now. although i did put 4 vectra engine blocks in the back one day to go to the breakers that was a laugh lol

Yeah man these cars are poop for hauling things, good for hauling ass though :D is yours running yet?

very good work kev, you have put alot of time and effort into the car, and it finally looks to be paying off
well done and a pat on the back from me :)

Cheers Scott, glad i swapped back to injection cose its really good now, cant wait to get it on the rollers again :)

I booked my car in for a power run at my local rolling road. Iam taking it up on 3rd November, really cannot wait to find out what power it makes this time round. I have had 3 peeps say its defo quicker now, I can't tell personally. I wanna beat 98hp before i fit cams and hi-comp pistons :)

But I need to source an uprated clutch before the rolling road cose mine is almost fully dead.

Iam looking into modding a Cg10 clutch by increasing the mean radius of the friction plate area!

So we already knew that my tyres rub like hell when driven spirited over fairly bumpy roads.

Well I gave it a proper thrash last night and had a couple airborne moment favourite private test areas and when landing back down I get the noise of tyre on arch (followed by rubber smell) and exhaust hitting tarmac (followed by wake of sparks :)smitten:)) and another horrid noise that i wasnt expecting. Well found what it was :)

IMAG0223.jpg

Rim hitting arch :D HERRA FRUSH, HERRA COOL :D

But I need to source an uprated clutch before the rolling road cose mine is almost fully dead.

Iam looking into modding a Cg10 clutch by increasing the mean radius of the friction plate area!
you gonna build a 160/180mm hybrid clutch like mine kev ?

you gonna build a 160/180mm hybrid clutch like mine kev ?

Looks like Iam gonna have no choice!

what do I need?
Cg10 cover
Cg10 friction plate
cg13 friction plate

what size bolts to replace the rivets?

I guess I just need to die grind the cover a little and face off the flywheel to remove lips?

anything Iam missing?

getting scrap parts tonight so I can have a play around :)

Back