• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

The new threaded top hats are almost completed. Just need to cut the m6 threads into them. Then maybe by Wednesday i can fit and test it all out before rolling road.

Who fancies a guess at what power it'll make?

Iam hoping for 98hp+

but my guess is 93hp

:)

New top hats made and fitted. Think ill POP a spot of weld on to stop them loosening.
IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

As much clearance as standard now :)
IMAG0254.jpg

I guess no one wants to make a guess at power output! Ill keep the prize for myself :D

Thanks Frank Iam happy with it so far, Iam hoping to fit the new cover on the weekend, can't wait to test it :D

I always leave the dyno a couple HP short of my goal :( but its only 25 squid and I enjoy getting a comparison.

Ill be very happy if it makes 99.9hp

I wouldn't mind meeting up at Shakespeare county some time for a race, not because i think o can win but I think it would be fun as we similar setups. I need stroker motor first though :D

Spotted the bolts in
IMAG0255.jpg

Gave it a splash of silver hi-temp paint
IMAG0256.jpg

Then reassembled it
IMAG0259.jpg

And POW its ready for fitting and testing
:D

Kev spec performance clutch lol.

I wanted to test how much torque to make it slip but I need a spline that matches the clutch so I can attach it too a torque wrench :(

Haha it doesn't seem likely it'll beat the webers but we will see!

Current spec is:-

Cg13
Cga3 inlet and fuel rail
Qg injectors
Ga16 airbox with no filters yet!
K-series 4-2-1
2inch system with 2 x cherry bombs
Sr20 throttle body with adaptor plate
Cg afm
Cg10 pre 98 ecu
Timing set at 18* @ 1200rpm

Additional stuff that doesn't count much for power.

Cg10 heavily lightened flywheel
Cg10 gearbox
Facet redtop low pressure fuel pump
Sytec 300hp motorsport hi pressure pump
Swirl pot
No power steering or aircon shizzle

I want to build a frank spec flywheel next :D

Master sensai Frank, if you read this could you share some pics of your flywheel please?

did you just drill and tap a kart disc to suit the clutch cover, then weld it to a cvt flywheel?

Have you got the parts that I need?

Also don't suppose you know of any inlet valves that are identical to Cga3 but 1mm larger. local tuner reckons 1mm oversized valves will fit in stock seats with a re-cut!

Master sensai Frank, if you read this could you share some pics of your flywheel please?

did you just drill and tap a kart disc to suit the clutch cover, then weld it to a cvt flywheel?

Have you got the parts that I need?

Also don't suppose you know of any inlet valves that are identical to Cga3 but 1mm larger. local tuner reckons 1mm oversized valves will fit in stock seats with a re-cut!

here,s the front kev, i welded the kart disc on from the back as central as i could guess, then machined the outer and inner dia,s to balance/true it up.
i fitted the bolts to the cover than lathed the outer dia of the kart disc so that the pcd boltheads were a snug fit over it (to centralise the cover)

Attachments

• SDC13048.JPG
    SDC13048.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 490
there,s a middle section of a 2nd driveplate welded onto the back to give it more strength.
here are 2 more driveplates that are available mate :) but dunno about any suitable valves tho

Attachments

• SDC13049.JPG
    SDC13049.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 497
Thanks for the inspiration mate. Looks very lightweight :D did you have any trouble will balancing it up?
Iam interested in the one on the left but ill pm you about it in the next day or two.

Now I need a plan of attack! Do I take this huge billet I have at work and make one from scratch :l

Is the ring gear tack welded on? Or shrunk on?

I think its tacked on drive plate and shrunk onto cast flywheel!

Thanks for the inspiration mate. Looks very lightweight :D did you have any trouble will balancing it up?
Iam interested in the one on the left but ill pm you about it in the next day or two.

Now I need a plan of attack! Do I take this huge billet I have at work and make one from scratch :l

Is the ring gear tack welded on? Or shrunk on?

I think its tacked on drive plate and shrunk onto cast flywheel!

for balance just wedge a bearing in the middle and spin it up eh kev, and yes shrunk on the cast ones and tacked on the driveplate ones eh :)

that f/w was fitted for nearly 2 months kev (including santapod runs) but i noticed 3 of the welds (arrowed) had hairline cracks and hav,nt refitted it yet.
gonna full seamweld that join all around before refitting :)

Attachments

• fly.JPG
    fly.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 486
Balanced old school grinding wheel method :D pretty easy and effective :)

I could make a drive disc to weld into the centre and drill and tap it for the clutch cover. Could be stronger way of doing it and remove the need for the extea piece welded to the back.

Do you use a blast shield or a kevlar blanket over the transmission? Iam constantly worried about clutch or flywheel explosions :l

Is there any disadvantages to making an ally flywheel? Was twmpted to get a bit laser cut and then machine it up. Or just billet steel from scratch.

Also do you think its really worth the extra effort and cost involved in building a stroker? I can get a stock cg13 on the weekend and have it built by the following weekend! Stroker is dragging on and could take months to find all the parts on a budget :(

nah, make do with the 1.3 crank and rods and 1.0 pistons kev, you probably only gain 3 or 4hp from the 36cc eh,
and the lighter the f/w the less explosive power in it eh :grinning: and steel tends to just split rather than fragment eh (cast alloy or cast iron FTL :eek:)

weigh the swarf in eh kev :grinning: mine,s 2.5 kg (the same weight as a 1.3 pressureplate)

Lol yeah but I can't get it onto my lathe, it would snap it in half :D

2.5kg is mega light! Have you noticed any adverse affects from going much lighter? When I was into minis I was always told that super lightweight billet flywheels werent suitable for road use! I think my lightened Cg10 is 5kg and its totally fine, i always change down for hills anyway :)

nah, make do with the 1.3 crank and rods and 1.0 pistons kev, you probably only gain 3 or 4hp from the 36cc eh,
and the lighter the f/w the less explosive power in it eh :grinning: and steel tends to just split rather than fragment eh (cast alloy or cast iron FTL :eek:)

ok that's good to know, I tend to rev hard all the time so squarer engine probably better for me! I wanna know how much extra torque your getting. Longer stroke = more torque and longer rods = wider torque band starting lower down the revs!

Billet flywheel ftw :D

i find the only difference is when pulling away kev, you soon adjust to it eh (Y)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GJqYyvnAG0
and here,s my old ghetto balancing vid lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzB2J92n3bs

Yeah I guess it'll make slight difference between gearchanges. Bog a little going up the gears, meaning a bit more man foot needed. But easier too match revs (heel toe) and downshifts :)

Are you interested in grip racing circuit stuff? Or mainly drag. I ask out of interest lol.

mine is 2.5-6 kg, its for sale too, but just a shame its for a cg13 clutch

not too worry mate but good to know that billet cg13 flywheels can be hella light as well :D

My engine is smoking very heavily on hard engine braking!

My local yard has a cg13 ready for me too collect. Hopefully get it tomorrow!

Not sure whether to take my engine out and fit the cams ect or hope it doesn't blow up and fit it all too new engine.

Is it a bad idea to put the cg13 rings onto Cg10 pistons. Doubt ill source new rings in time :s

Not sure whether to take my engine out and fit the cams ect or hope it doesn't blow up and fit it all too new engine.

Is it a bad idea to put the cg13 rings onto Cg10 pistons. Doubt ill source new rings in time :s

use whichever rings are the best kev, my 1311 was a build of 2 x £60 "unknown" coilpack engines from a yard, and i dont think the 1.0 had ever had an oilchange (gummed up solid in pic fwn) but free,d off and stretched a little so that they scraped the bore properly, and the engine only drinks petrol :) (dont try stretching the top 2 cast iron ones tho eh lol :eek:)

Attachments

• PICT0210.JPG
    PICT0210.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 411
Thanks for the tips frank :) I will take it all apart and have a good look. I'll see what looks best!

I guess you just break any glaze on the bores with a bore hone?

Do you ever bother modding the ports, valve throats or combustion chambers?

Tempted to have a tidy up with the die grinder and get the valves 3 angle cut!

I have come to the conclusion that my valve stems seals are tiried and thats whats causing the smoke!

Used rings are the only way to go if you end up with post 07.2000 CG10 pistons, as you cannot get new rings for love nor money. If you have an earlier engine then there is the option of new rings should it be necessary.

work valve stem seals will cause smoke, so could be.

Yeah just draws a little oil when engine braking, the rest of the time its pretty much clear

Used rings are the only way to go if you end up with post 07.2000 CG10 pistons, as you cannot get new rings for love nor money. If you have an earlier engine then there is the option of new rings should it be necessary.

that's good too know, thanks!

Do coilpack 1ltr have different pistons like cga but normal bore diameter?

work valve stem seals will cause smoke, so could be.

Yeah just draws a little oil when engine braking, the rest of the time its pretty much clear

that's good too know, thanks!

Do coilpack 1ltr have different pistons like cga but normal bore diameter?

On my way home from work this evening my exhaust fell off!

I fixed the silencer which was severely scraped and ground away by the road. Then I cut the system into a few sections and rebuilt it. Now it sits a lot higher up into the chassis. Now the system doest rub on the road :D

The manifold down pipe and sump are still very low though! Gonna need to do some more mods :D

bummer just a good excuse to make something better tho :grinning: can you not do what frank did with his to raise the engine? (the pie cut box mount).

Back