• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dattosan Machi Suzuki twincam 4wd project pg22

yeah man defo need to do some supporting mods for the lowness. the front is the same as its always been but the back is dropped about 50mm i reckon lol

found this listed on ebay fairly locally. its listed as a wiper relay but afaik k10 dont have a wiper relay that looks like this!! anyone care to advise me on this one before i buy it?

this is the pic vvvvvvvv

!B8cENeQBGk~$(KGrHqQOKp!Ey+jCytzdBM3DHTchCw~~_12.JPG

would the centres not fit inside your current bandies kev?

mine are 13s and i wanna get 14s instead i think. too be honest i may not change anything just yet. it all depends on whether i carry on with the drifting, if i stop then ill be able to tinker with the micra further. but if iam drifitng then ill be skinto

you,ll need plenty of butane to get those to inflate if you,re going for some stretch kev :eek: (

140psi in the bead blaster/cheetah ;) works a treat. the missus 195 50 15 on 9j banded steel is funny too watch, its like a 2inch gap either side of the bead and then swoooosh its on the bead haha

awesum thread kev, think im gunna be late for ace cafe coz ive been reading a lot of it!
i need your wheels! lol i dont remember reading how much you paid to have them banded?

haha bet that gives a loud crack. yeah drifting aint cheap lol i honestly think it looks great as it is.

thanks man yer your right but i fancied 14s for more ground clearance and tuck and stretch lol such a child lol

that relay is def off a k10.

thanks man i got confused cose its listed as a wiper relay when its for dip :)

awesum thread kev, think im gunna be late for ace cafe coz ive been reading a lot of it!
i need your wheels! lol i dont remember reading how much you paid to have them banded?

thanks man they were 160 but i had to post them to staines and then drive to collect them :)

booked day off for mot.

bought 2 x relays on ebay to be on the safe side.

niether turned up so cant go mot.

gonna bypass the relay box and wire it up in my own fashion with seperate relays. as far as i can tell the original is jsut 6 relays in 1 box

well if you do go down the 14's route kev and matey boy who had first dibs on your bandies if you was going to sell them doesn't still want them ill buy them if you want to sell them mate.

just typical that your bits dont turn up when you have the mot :laugh: it usually happens to me that lol. im sure you can re-wire it tho mate.

cheers man i managed to find another relay locally and tested it before buying it, it worked in the car that it came from but doesnt make my headlight work.

so i tested the sitch up at the stalk, the switch works fine but i havent checked the stalk itself.

hope i sort it soon

superls

K10 Tuner
kev that is a k10 wiper relay, not for the dim dip, the dim dip one is a grey/brown colour on the inner wing on passenger side, 2 connectors on the bottom

could be the stalk is it the flash that isn't working?

i fixed it mate, twose the multi plug that plugs into the stalk :)

Kev, your dog ROCKS! What's his name?

thanks mate (Y) its a ##### and her name is mya, previous owner called her maya so we felt we couldnt change it much she is almost 5 years old :D

kev that is a k10 wiper relay, not for the dim dip, the dim dip one is a grey/brown colour on the inner wing on passenger side, 2 connectors on the bottom

its defo headlight relay cose it clicks when you turn on lights and its the relay near battery and coil :)

car is now 95% ready for the mot. i need to set the headlight beams, tuck the exhaust up because it hits the floor, weld on brake pipe brackets and a few other small jobs.

i drove it on a private stretch of road earlier and its seems to go well, i did some slow stuff and some full throttle stuff.

its hits the limiter at 25mph in first though which doesnt appear right to me, i think it could be in limp mod :doh:

it should flat 30 in first thats defo not right. if it was in limp mode tho would it not be less than 25? what its revving to kev?

yeah man iam trying to get some super s clocks with the built in rev counter or alternatively i want a huge monster tacho with shift beacons.

i cant decide whether to go with the minimalist euro kinda styling or to go mad and make it into a jgtc inpsired street racer

some more pics of my 2 gentleman

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

i raised the front end up as high as possible for the mot, about 2inches higher lol looks pretty pooh haha
IMAG0204.jpg

the mot guy iam using did the last mot on my driftcar and he had no troubles with the lowness so iam hopin g for a repeat. he said he can have it in on friday but iam gonna go and ask if he has space today or tomorrow. i got the day off of work today to doggysit my dog after she had her fanny cut out :( poor little beast

haha looks mad raised up like that lol. sounds bad with the dog mate hope shes ok i had a similar issue with my lab a while back.

Iam concerned it'll rub, will find out very soon. The reason for change is a bit more clearance under the car, arch clearance for tyres. Also the yokos are border line legal and I think banded steels are kinda illegal aswell :s

So just trying too make it easier for mot tomorrow :)

Thanks mate.

I had mine up on stands the othet night and if you hold it on limiter the speedo catches up and reads 27/28 it still feels like its pulling hard though as it hits the limiter.

Car is at mot station. It's actually a pleasure to drive now. Lovelly on wot or just cruising. fuel gauge didn't budge at all :)

So so quiet inside now. Rear suspension feels nice now.

Can't say whether its quicker or slower cose I couldnt get any traction in 1st 2nd or 3rd its quick considering the wheel spin :D

Failed!

Needs a non spot welded shell and they won't pass the rear camber mod.

But they passed my 200sx a year ago with almost identical mods.

If anyone wants my car just come round and collect it tonight. Just take the hose out of window and off of exhaust and push me out the door!

no kev dont give in mate just grind the spot welds off. i dint ever think that was a failure as cars are essentially held together with spot welds anyway.

i don't know what to suggest with the back axle mate but dont give in its almost there mate.

frank

Club Member
aye, cut the flanges off and just weld the axle together with a tad less camber and narrower track (for more dish) then take it elsewhere for the mot kev (Y)

what do they mean spot welded shell? theres spot welded from day one? id try a different mot centre and swing em some extra dosh! or i could get you an MOT for £80 and all i need is your address for the certificate!