Damm thing broke again.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Some might recall about 8months ago, my red turbo car did the head gasket.
So it was head off, redone, refitted and away we went.

So more then a little pissed off to have it fail again, water in #1 cylinder.

Only low boost and never driven hard so any thoughts as to why this has happened? Very disappointing compared to the almost bomb proof reliability of my green car.

The head overhaul place and the mechanic booth said it would not be due to turbo boost but I cannot afford a repeat of this again in another 12 months.

Mychael

mik

» CMF Member
He meant a stock nissan head gasket. If it blew again, i would switch either to a thicker headgasket, add a spacerplate or add custom forged pistons to lower the engine compression.

cheers and good luck
mik

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Consenus from the head reco mob was no need to de-comp.. But maybe a thicker gasket might be the go.

Last gasket I bought here from NSM .

If I really need to to **** around with things like special pistons etc, I'll just rip the blower out and go N/A. This is a daily driver, I need reliability.

Mike

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Mechanic got head pulled off today, head gasket blown out on #1 cylinder.
Sooo, I'm either going to have to find a better gasket in a timely manner (cannot be without car for too long) Orrr, try to wind back the boost more (though it's not really high) orrrr, pull the whole damm thing off and go back to stock. (settle down vultures that's my last option,lol).

If anyone in Victoria knows of anywhere I can get a custom head gasket made that wont take months to get done, please let me know asap.

Thanks,
Mychael

Back