Cutting springs (cheap way lol)

You wont reward yourself with the most pleasant ride and you might encounter problems if the springs are able to unseat when the suspension is on full drop.

Panhard Rod - it's diagonal at stock height, so as the suspension drops it levels out, pushing the axle over as it does so. A shorter or adjustable rod is used to couteract this.

Check out hoopdub's blog, Noddie makes some too, or search Frank bush and you'll find another method. Or maybe even stick a spacer on the wide side. You could always buy a whiteline one, but I wouldn't wholeheartedly condone that idea.

I had cut springs on my old Fiesta.

I found the only way to have any sort of "decent" ride was to have the springs cut so you're on the bump stops.
1 or 2 coils out meant the car shell was just bouncing wayyy too much on the springs.

If you DO cut i suggest strapping them with a chain to stop them falling out or using coilovers
Corsa for the front and I read that Polo 6n rears fit the rear of a K11?

I have Corsa B coilovers for the FRONT (I think!)

I'm still researching 6n Polo coilovers for the rear.

Note i'm talking about coilovers including strut, shock and spring, not the just a Corsa spring :)

Are the corsa coilovers adjustable? If so anyone know their highest setting?
that will depend on which topmounts you use, if you use the micra topmount the highest setting is VERY low, but with the corsa topmount, then about 50mm drop

I made the micra top cups fit the corsa coilovers. I have about 3cm of ground clearance. Without helper springs I had about 1cm or less.

With the corsa cups the ride was higher but there isn't a quick way of fitting them and the car was just resting on them...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Jay101 said:
Thanks, would you recommend the matiz strut, or rear matiz spring in micra strut, thanks for your help :D

Can't really say, I've only had stock, corsa b coillies and proper uprated struts with 50mm springs

I have Matiz springs on Micra shocks on the front and Corsa b shocks and cut Micra springs on the back and love it. Nice and low but great as a daily drive

Was planning on doing that wehey, I have fk springs on at the moment (35-40mm) will I notice any difference with the setup u got? Thanks

Its much softer!
I have the full matiz shocks and springs on the front i cut 2 coils and its just firmer than standard and VERY low.

Cool, will be buying some matiz struts soon then :D, after i have paid and installed my 421 janspeed mani ;) cheers davey, top chap

Back