Custom manifolds

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Seeming as though the manifolds on the K10 engine's are very restrictive, I'm thinking about getting custom manifolds for my MA12.

Is anybody currently in the process of getting this done somewhere... as I would be after one too. :) I'm trying to squeeze as much as possible out of my MA12, as I've allready got the straight-through exhaust, induction kit and new Webber carb on the engine. :)

Cheers,
-Elliot

Got a one on mine at the moment. However IIRC the people who did mine have stopped making them now. However a Janspeed k11 manifold is supposed to fit with some modification. :)

Hi Dan,

I think it would be best to change the inlet manifold first, as it is the most restrictive. I then could go on to maybe weld the Janspeed K11 exhaust manifold on. :)

-Elliot

Aah right. Never really heard anything about custom inlet manifolds. If you find anything give me a shout as I would be interested in one. :)

Elliot said:
Hi Dan,

I think it would be best to change the inlet manifold first, as it is the most restrictive. I then could go on to maybe weld the Janspeed K11 exhaust manifold on. :)

-Elliot

I'd have thought it would be best to do that the other way round? I mean you'l have alot more power or whatever going into the system - but hows it going to come out! the restrictive outlet manifold wont cope and will probably crack or blow under the strain!

they guy who made my powerflow exhaust said he will make a 4-2-1 manifold for me for £200 quid, am gonna wait a bit until maybe doing that and i found someone else who would make me a inlet manifold for a set of twin weber 38/40's for 80 quid.

am in the process of doing head/cam work first though with results soon.

My lightened and balanced flywheel has made quite a difference also and was well worth doing and i am very happy with the results.
slim wants to do it also after driving my car and knowing what it does.

Back