Custom intake manifold on a n/a CG13DE

CMF_Chrismo

» CMF Member
The oem intake manifold on a CG13 engine looks extremely restrictive to me!!

Before this car I had a Nissan P11 with the SR20 engine. This angine has a nice formed intake manifold. I had the idea making somthing like a SR20 intake on my CG13.
Somebody showed me the custom intake Cisco has on his engine, and that was exactly like I had in my mind.
I can weld alu so this should not be the problem....

Only thing is this: I think the most intake manifolds are calculated on the specific engine it's made for. If I make one like Cisco did, what will I gain? Or will I have some sizes I seriously have to keep in mind?
I'm thinking to put a 50mm TB on this manifold.

Again, I know this is not done often on a CG13, but in Holland it has NEVER been done....so info in my own country is not to find.

gr Chrismo

check out some of my threads. theirs' heaps of stuff in their. cisco's one would have made a marginal improvement, but way undersized. as a general rule of thumb, the plenum area should b around double the engine displacement... 2.6-3L atleast. go a non turbo s13 throttle body (60mm) 50mm is to small. get yourself some ga15 injectors aswell.

CMF_Chrismo

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"check out some of my threads. theirs' heaps of stuff in their. cisco's one would have made a marginal improvement, but way undersized. as a general rule of thumb, the plenum area should b around double the engine displacement... 2.6-3L atleast. go a non turbo s13 throttle body (60mm) 50mm is to small. get yourself some ga15 injectors aswell.

You tell me 50mm is to small? Even If I get cams no more than 256 duration?

Back