Just installed webber

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

I've just fitted the new webber carb, and K & N induction kit which I bought off Matt today... on my MA12.

It does make a big difference... mainly due to the fact of it being a brand new carb replacing an old one.

Anyway, it likes to pop a bit out of the exhaust so to speak. :D It's because it's over fueling a lot. There is a red connector on the carb, which is meant to go to a contol unit for the various vacuum pipes. Does this need to be fitted, as I've just put all of the vac pipes straight to the vacuum port on the side of the carb.

Also, has anybody actually fitted the choke cable? I fitted it last night... but can't be arsed with it.

Cheers,
-Elliot

Hi Kev,

lol, the Skyline's being done... just that I've been spending my money on other things recently. :)

-Elliot

Elliot said:
Also, has anybody actually fitted the choke cable? I fitted it last night... but can't be arsed with it.

Cheers,
-Elliot

I believe krazy and fox fitted the choke cable's on there weber carbs so its probably worth it! One cold damp morning when you need the extra fuel in there, you wont have it!

I fitted the choke cable on mine.. I never got on very well with it though, we ended up taking out the choke anyway. When you say its popping, do you mean all the time or just when you come off the throttle?

I am keeping the choke cable on, as it's nicely installed in the dash now. I just need to lubricate it, as it's sticking.

The popping is just off acceloration. :)

-Elliot

glad it got there ok mate :D mine used to pop a bit too, your best bet is to follow the guide on the instructions on how to tune it if in doubt get a pro to set it up, but mine used to pop too but its all good mate sounds good :D

Hi Matt and Andy,

lol, I must admit the popping is good. :D I went out for a drive to Shell for petrol about an hour ago... and there were lots of people that turned around when they heard it popping. :laugh:

I'm very pleased with how it's working... but as you said Matt, I'm going to need to adjust it using the emmissions machine at work. :)

Thanks again Matt. :)

-Elliot

glad it got there TBH mate i had a lot of trouble with the couriers not picking it up then coming 4 days late not impressed. still you got it now and your happy :)

can a 1.2 carb be fitted to a 1.0 for any power gains?

what did youre webber come off of?

funny how the 1.0 is kind of a more tuned engine than the 1.2, wouldt have thought that the 1.2 carb jets are smaller

Back