Custom Cam Shims

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend any engineers or tuners to supply cam shims to spec?

I need an extra 1mm than nissan standard shims to fit Piper cams (was told by Piper standard shims would be within tollerance! Doh!)

Many thanks

Paul

they tend to cost a fortune paul (and jowley had one break up iirc), so i shaved about 1.3mm off some spare shims and placed them under the buckets on my pipers

Thanks frank, i might have to do that! What would you think to shaving a shim down & placing it under the existing shim? or would there big a risk of it moving out of the Cam follower?

Thanks frank, i might have to do that! What would you think to shaving a shim down & placing it under the existing shim? or would there big a risk of it moving out of the Cam follower?

zero chance paul i,m afraid, mine has been running undershims of some sort or another for over 3 yrs now (54k miles :eek: )

zero chance paul i,m afraid, mine has been running undershims of some sort or another for over 3 yrs now (54k miles :eek: )

Sorry frank are you saying zero chance that putting one shim under the other would work? or thats there is zero chance of it coming out of the follower?

soz if im being a bit daft :S

Sorry frank are you saying zero chance that putting one shim under the other would work? or thats there is zero chance of it coming out of the follower?

soz if im being a bit daft :S

no, it wont work paul, i tried a 10" (0.25mm) thou shim under once, and it spat the main shim out and chewed the lobe :glare: so you,ve got no chance with lifting it 1mm + (the very snug fit and oilfilm stops them tiddlywinking lol)

no, it wont work paul, i tried a 10" (0.25mm) thou shim under once, and it spat the main shim out and chewed the lobe :glare: so you,ve got no chance with lifting it 1mm + (the very snug fit and oilfilm stops them tiddlywinking lol)

Cheers frank i see what you mean now! Thats the last thing i want happening lol

Cracking Blog btw!!

Back