custom dials

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Would you be able to make some custom ones with a rev counter if the existing set didn't have a rev counter?

I.E. - my car currently doesn't have a rev counter but I'd like one, and if it could be incorporated into a new set of dials this would be great :)

so far i only make the super s dials (ones with rev counters) if your car is a facelift then at the moment i can't make dials for it. if your car is preface lift then i can make a custom set and they would be a straight swap.

for example, if you were to buy one of the sets pictured at the top that are already made, that would cost £75 because you don't have an exchange set to send me with a rev counter. you would then just swap the dials and they would just work, no mods :)

Maccy

Young K11-er!
so far i only make the super s dials (ones with rev counters) if your car is a facelift then at the moment i can't make dials for it. if your car is preface lift then i can make a custom set and they would be a straight swap.

for example, if you were to buy one of the sets pictured at the top that are already made, that would cost £75 because you don't have an exchange set to send me with a rev counter. you would then just swap the dials and they would just work, no mods :)

OK mate - silly question, how can I tell if mine's facelift or pre facelift?

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
OK mate - silly question, how can I tell if mine's facelift or pre facelift?

is the grill at the front of the car, part of the bonnet? or is it on a seperate bit of plastic?

Edit lol what he said ^^^^

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
just a quick point, and being honest I haven't read the whole thread.

Some older members may remember I made white dials for my own car several years ago, they looked great at first, but sagged slightly after a year or so.

Careful consideration needs to be made regarding the material used.

They do look great though nex

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
just a quick point, and being honest I haven't read the whole thread.

Some older members may remember I made white dials for my own car several years ago, they looked great at first, but sagged slightly after a year or so.

Careful consideration needs to be made regarding the material used.

They do look great though nex

thanks mate, :) TBH i haven't tested them long term, i might put a set on the window sill to test how they stand up in heat, tho they do survive the laser printer... i modify the original plastics so they should be about the same limits.

My grill and bonnet are separate woo :D

cool :D well i can do you a set if you like :D

Maccy

Young K11-er!
cool :D well i can do you a set if you like :D

Alrite mate cool, I'm broke as it stands at the moment, and won't even be able to afford my MSC membership until 20th June (runs out any day now :() so will give you a shout nearer the time. Will def need some help installing them too

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Alrite mate cool, I'm broke as it stands at the moment, and won't even be able to afford my MSC membership until 20th June (runs out any day now :() so will give you a shout nearer the time. Will def need some help installing them too

mate, if you can get to me, and are willing to take one of the sets i have already made then i will do a nice discount for ya and fit them myself ;)

but yea there should be some here so thats no probs :D

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
i will be selling some more pre made ones on ebay if anyone is interested?

bolton_18

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
can u do one for the sport plus i think it be alot harder cuz the gauges is one unit if u get me , the face of it is one part. paul i think those uni gauge plates will look aursome in ur car.

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
brilliant i am interested

lol another one? well you are welcome to another set, again depends on what you want.

do you have any more super s/SR dials? cos that is the flaw with my business idea lol

can u do one for the sport plus i think it be alot harder cuz the gauges is one unit if u get me , the face of it is one part. paul i think those uni gauge plates will look aursome in ur car.

i haven't tried them yet, in theory i should be able to. do they have a tachometer?

i would need to create a whole template and give it a test run. i have some facelift ones i could play about with and see how it goes

Will have to see the designs!

currently i am only able to do k11 super s ones, but the designs can be anything, if you have an idea or colour scheme and some pics i can work with i can make pretty much anything

Also if anyone is willing to donate a set of dials for me to experiment on, such as k10 ones or facelift ones then i can do a much cheaper rate on those, depending on if it actually works of course.

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
Hi, is there any chance these would work on a 93 k11 that has no RPM gauge, or anyway to get one to work? really interested in this
cheers mark

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Hi, is there any chance these would work on a 93 k11 that has no RPM gauge, or anyway to get one to work? really interested in this
cheers mark

on a 1.0l there is some modification that has to be done to the loom first, there should be a guide on here on how to do it

The super S dials are a different shape from standard ones in the K10s, aren`t they?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...2333762QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

For this price, might be worth buying these!
Especially with the return you should get!

oh wow ultra retro lol, well i may pick up a set and see if i can do them. they are very different from the k11 ones so i don't know how easy they will come apart.

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
Here is my latest design that JoNnY has first dibs on,

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 344
OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
I need someone to donate some k10 dials so I can make templates.

That set (which does NOT come with the carbon bezel) is £45

I have a only one carbon bezel left which is £30 because it costs that just for an a4 sheet of carbon

Maccy

Young K11-er!
NeX - Sorry to go back a few months, I'm breaking up for uni on 14th December - would it be possible to get some dials done for me round then? If I get to yours and do the straight swap with added discount? ;)

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
sorry guys i don't have access to the printer that i used to use, and i don't really have the time either

hi all

right as promised i have an update about white dials, as some of you know you can get them done properly here:
http://www.birba.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=272&cat=24&page=1

i have ordered a set and they are really nice, but:

they weren't a perfect fit
they took a month to get here
they are about £50 for just the face plastics
they come in KMs only
they don't come with red needles.

SO i have had a go at making custom ones myself. this has been costly, it was a big lerning curve but i think i have got the hang of it now.

so what can i offer?

any colour of needles even different coloured needles for each dial
any colour bezel that surrounds the dials
a real carbon fibre bezel, tho these are hard to make so i might not offer them
any colour dial faces in theory but just to be safe, white for now
any colour numbers that light up any colour you like
any style, or graphic as a background tho i haven't tested it with anything larger than a nismo logo
also i can reclock the dials to match your original mileage

at the moment i have just k11 super s dials, it is alot of work to scan them in and clean them up to a useable state. but in theory i can do any dials for any car if i have a cluster to work from, but at the moment i only know how the standard k11 dials come apart.

attached are examples of the white dials i have made with nismos logos, also the pre made ones i ordered with the red dials i had to paint, one of my custom dials has bright red needles and one has dark metalic red needles tho it doesn't show up too well. also i have the carbon bezel, this took ages to make and was done by hand, it also had to use the k11 facelift surround.

so what do people think and what are people willing to pay? if people arn't interested then there is not much point me investing any more time with this, but if i can make good money then i will do some more.

you would be buying the whole cluster, already preset with mileage and ready to bolt in. it would also probably have to work on an exchange basis.

thanks ppl :D
U still making these buddy id be intrested in some red nismo ones