custom dials

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all

right as promised i have an update about white dials, as some of you know you can get them done properly here:
http://www.birba.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=272&cat=24&page=1

i have ordered a set and they are really nice, but:

they weren't a perfect fit
they took a month to get here
they are about £50 for just the face plastics
they come in KMs only
they don't come with red needles.

SO i have had a go at making custom ones myself. this has been costly, it was a big lerning curve but i think i have got the hang of it now.

so what can i offer?

any colour of needles even different coloured needles for each dial
any colour bezel that surrounds the dials
a real carbon fibre bezel, tho these are hard to make so i might not offer them
any colour dial faces in theory but just to be safe, white for now
any colour numbers that light up any colour you like
any style, or graphic as a background tho i haven't tested it with anything larger than a nismo logo
also i can reclock the dials to match your original mileage

at the moment i have just k11 super s dials, it is alot of work to scan them in and clean them up to a useable state. but in theory i can do any dials for any car if i have a cluster to work from, but at the moment i only know how the standard k11 dials come apart.

attached are examples of the white dials i have made with nismos logos, also the pre made ones i ordered with the red dials i had to paint, one of my custom dials has bright red needles and one has dark metalic red needles tho it doesn't show up too well. also i have the carbon bezel, this took ages to make and was done by hand, it also had to use the k11 facelift surround.

so what do people think and what are people willing to pay? if people arn't interested then there is not much point me investing any more time with this, but if i can make good money then i will do some more.

you would be buying the whole cluster, already preset with mileage and ready to bolt in. it would also probably have to work on an exchange basis.

thanks ppl :D

Attachments

• all-dials.jpg
    all-dials.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 785
  • carbon-dial-big.jpg
    carbon-dial-big.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 586
  • carbon-dial-close.jpg
    carbon-dial-close.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 562
  • custom-dial-big2.jpg
    custom-dial-big2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 706
  • custom-dial-big.jpg
    custom-dial-big.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 819
  • custom-dial-close.jpg
    custom-dial-close.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 576
  • pro-dial-big.jpg
    pro-dial-big.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 592
  • Pro-dial-close.jpg
    Pro-dial-close.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 555
they look realy good mate, liking them

might get a spare k10 dial set so i can set you my from my car to turn them white next month

they look realy good mate, liking them

might get a spare k10 dial set so i can set you my from my car to turn them white next month

thanks mate i am really pleased with them.

cool :D it would be good to get some k10 dials scanned in so i can serve the k10 market.

how are you making the dials if u dont mind me asking?

oh its a complex process ;) lol, well its using various methods, some special paper,

i don't want to give too much away at the moment. if no body wants them tho i might just do a guide instead.

i read a thread not so long back that thin photo paper or something was used?

i tried that and it doesn't work, it curls up after going through the printer, and it doesn't let the light through properly.

They look nice! White with carbon bezel :love:

thats the plan for the rally car ;) the carbon bezel in the pic is mine ;) but i am still not sure which dials i like the best yet, might make some more with some more interesting graphics :D

neat work!

how much for the carbon fibre ones with rev counter on?

i can px my dials if you want but they are the 1994 lx ones without rev counter.

pm preferred

thanks

ill take a set of the ones on the right if they could have nismo on them please..

how much??

the ones on the right are the ones i bought, they don't say nismo on them, and i am not sure what price these things should sell at so make me an offer.

you could make it cheaper on a exchange basis?? i defo like the full white nismo ones including the white surround.

you could make it cheaper on a exchange basis?? i defo like the full white nismo ones including the white surround.

well i think they would all have to be exchange basis because i cant source any more of these dials. it was hard enough getting 4 of them to practice on. tho what i can do is mod your dials but that leaves you without dials until they are done.

i can make you a set of white nismo dials with a white surround, thats easy, you can choose what colour you want it to light up and what colour you want the needles to be also, tho at the moment i have only tried red. you can also say if you want a different nismo logo or design or position :)

but what would you be willing to pay for it? because i really don't know what to sell them for... they are alot of work to make but then at the same time work is free...ish lol

i would be intrested in these nex but i dont have a rev counter as mine is not a super s or sr, its only a tropic so the one i send you wont have a rev counter.
i would love a full white one with no logo's and green lights and green needles though! :D

lockwood dials are between £20 and £40 for most hot hatches....

so £25 would be about right.

and yeah, the ones on the right of the main picture (with all 4 in)

oh and another quick question. i took my dials appart (didnt touch the speedo) but now i have them together the speedo is 15mph out, at all speeds. is it stuffed?

i would be intrested in these nex but i dont have a rev counter as mine is not a super s or sr, its only a tropic so the one i send you wont have a rev counter.
i would love a full white one with no logo's and green lights and green needles though! :D

i could do that, but i would have to try and get more super s dials, as these have already been printed on, i need some blank ones really.

lockwood dials are between £20 and £40 for most hot hatches....

so £25 would be about right.

and yeah, the ones on the right of the main picture (with all 4 in)

oh and another quick question. i took my dials appart (didnt touch the speedo) but now i have them together the speedo is 15mph out, at all speeds. is it stuffed?

is that just for the faces? the ones on the right cost me £50 for just the faces, i then had to fit them to a cluster and paint the needles.

i don't know what happened to your speedo mate but i am sure i could fix it :D

i notice one goes to 200 mph is that one acurate

that one is in KM/H its the pro one i ordered from italy.

a set of UK spec dials in white with the black background, red needles like the pic you have ^ up there i'd love to get my hands on

in KM/H with the rev counter... can send you an aussie spec unit but no revs unfortunately!

omg nex i love ya but mine are facelift facelift ones alot different to them would you still be able to do some for me my car is a sport+

a set of UK spec dials in white with the black background, red needles like the pic you have ^ up there i'd love to get my hands on

in KM/H with the rev counter... can send you an aussie spec unit but no revs unfortunately!

well, it might be easier for you to order this set that i got from italy (see the link in the first post) if you have trouble finding a super s cluster then i am sure someone here should have a spare, if not i can send you the KM one i have, tho it wont be cheap. i sent cisco an electric cluster and that wasn't cheap either.

omg nex i love ya but mine are facelift facelift ones alot different to them would you still be able to do some for me my car is a sport+

do yours have a tachometer in them? or are they just the stock facelift dials? i have some normal facelift dials that i could modify, or you would have to send me yours because i have no idea where i am going to get a spare set of them from.

right ok, if no one wants to offer me a price for these then i will put down a figure.

£75 this will get you one of the clusters in the pic, posted to your door.

anyone interested?

How much on exchange? just out of interest.

Also, would it be possible for you to sell just the dials, as in the white sheet or whatever it is you do to them, so we could assemble ourselves?

can you get a quote to send to Aus please nex? i think frank on here sent a cluster for about 12 pounds, that sound right?

How much on exchange? just out of interest.

Also, would it be possible for you to sell just the dials, as in the white sheet or whatever it is you do to them, so we could assemble ourselves?

ok lets say £45 for an exchange if it is for an exchange of a super s dial, the older dials arn't much use to me.

in theory i could provide just the backing but it wouldn't be much cheaper as that is where most of the work goes into. also fitting isn't that straight forward. you have to make sure the needles are still acurate and you would also have to paint the needles if you didn't want them white.

can you get a quote to send to Aus please nex? i think frank on here sent a cluster for about 12 pounds, that sound right?

ok well iirc it was about 30AUS to send out the electric cluster that i sent to cisco. so its about that...

how much for them with red needles and union jack faciers?

ok well first of all i have run out of super s clusters to convert so i cant really make one up until i get a new set of clocks.

second i haven't tried a full size graphic on there. i could do some test ones to see how they come out, the printer doesn't always print the colours in the right places so i would have to see.

would you want a wavey flag style union jack, or straight forward flat flag design? and would you want white numbers? or another colour?

but the red needles are easy enough ;)

but if i can get a spare clock and i can print the union jack ok then it would be £75 for a pre assembled clock ready to go, with what ever milage you want it to say too.

i would like a straight forward flat flag on each dial (speedo,rev,fueltemp) i would like white dials that light up red when you turn the lights on, with either red or what would be cool is silver (chrome style) needles?

£75 sounds good to me

im also in for one of these but i wont be sending back my original cluster as an exchange because its shafted..

id love to get one with the carbon fibre backing white 200KM/H faces with the nismo logo and red needles how much am i looking at shipped to Australia?

cheers, and as said by many a person in previous posts, NICE WORK!!!

oh and mine is pre-facelift K11 manual if that makes a difference

im also in for one of these but i wont be sending back my original cluster as an exchange because its shafted..

id love to get one with the carbon fibre backing white 200KM/H faces with the nismo logo and red needles how much am i looking at shipped to Australia?

cheers, and as said by many a person in previous posts, NICE WORK!!!

oh and mine is pre-facelift K11 manual if that makes a difference

hi mate, that is a little more difficult to do, do you have a super s cluster? or at least a dial in km/h?

i can do all of it apart from the km/h unless you can send me one, but also i don't have any more clusters left, so until i get some more i cant make any new dials.

the carbon bezel might not be posible any more either, simply because it is ALOT of work and it might not be viable.

i would like a straight forward flat flag on each dial (speedo,rev,fueltemp) i would like white dials that light up red when you turn the lights on, with either red or what would be cool is silver (chrome style) needles?

£75 sounds good to me

i will have a play about and see what i can come up with and i will post a pic of the dial and see what you think.

hi mate, that is a little more difficult to do, do you have a super s cluster? or at least a dial in km/h?

i can do all of it apart from the km/h unless you can send me one, but also i don't have any more clusters left, so until i get some more i cant make any new dials.

the carbon bezel might not be posible any more either, simply because it is ALOT of work and it might not be viable.

ok thanks anyways mate :grinning:

Saw these tonight and they're really nice (Y) Will be having a set soon NeX :D

cool mate :D well i could probably do you a custom set seeing as you have some to trade in ;)

Nex how much for the white nismo one?

which nismo one are you after? and the dials that are pre made are £75 for the whole cluster ready to go, and £50 if you send me a supers or SLX cluster as a replacement.

would you be able to do blue dials

do you mean the whole thing in blue? i might be able to but i haven't tried it yet, it might not come out right because they would have to be printed blue.

any update Nex?

thanks

hi mate, sorry, i have been busy with work, they sent me off site. but don't worry i haven't forgotten, i am just trying to get together a new set of clocks that i can customise, but that shouldn't be a problem. i will get a test set made asap :)

just done a test file for the union jack design :D opinon

Attachments

• union jack.jpg
    union jack.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 367
i can assure these dials are awesome...especially in real life...belive me i have been there and i saw them lol if i had a car i would put one of them in it ;D

right, i have the first test dial for the union jack design :D it came out so well that i am tempted to make a set for my car :D

Attachments

• union.jpg
    union.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 429
Look good NeX, although I am feeling they would feel more at home in a Mini

well i think thats what paul was after, the mini look. i am trying to think of more images to have that could be related like a nissan badge, or a nismo stripe or micra outline. problem is i cant spare dials to experiment on

Would you be able to make some custom ones with a rev counter if the existing set didn't have a rev counter?

I.E. - my car currently doesn't have a rev counter but I'd like one, and if it could be incorporated into a new set of dials this would be great :)

Back