Crashed the Micra! :(

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Approx 3:00pm today (Thursday 9th Nov 2007) I was coming down Middletons Lane,Hellesdon and past the High School.Taffic queing and was going at a slow pace.Traffic then picked up and i pulled away doing 10mph-15mph...then next thing i know CRUNCH! I hit this Renault Megane Estate (silver 55 plate).I pulled over to the side of the road and got out.Legs turned to jelly and i couldnt stand up.Turned around and saw the front end of the Micra and fell to the ground in tears.

Got up and spoke to the Megane driver and she claimed she had started to brake when she clearly didnt.I obviously didnt see her brake so when her car was gettin closer and closer i then broke.With the Micra not having ABS the car slid and hit the back end of hers.

Exchanged details and then SHE DROVE OFF! My parents arrived to make sure i was ok,then a good friend took me home (dad drove my car home).Here are a few pics (sorry for lack of quality,being shook up and all didnt really help me taking pics!)

DSCF7825.jpg

DSCF7830.jpg

DSCF7827.jpg

damn that's not good. Lucky it's mainly cosmetic. Hope you're ok. So who was to blame here? Hopefully insurance would cover it.

It was raining right?

i did see her...but as i pulled away she must have broke hard.It should all be repairable as i've still got all my standard stuff.

Yes it was raining,and with not having ABS kinda made things worse.I'll be buying her a new light and see what happens then.

i know the feeling :( i bet you didnt want to get out and look at it, i know i didnt

but if its not damaged or bent the chassis legs then try to get it repaired, supply the parts etc anything to keep the costs down but if its writen off then buy it back off the insurance company if you can and strip it and sell it for bits

Damn! Sorry to hear this mate, you're micra was quickly becoming one of the nicest looking in the club too!

Hope it gets sorted soon.

..most important thing is pal..

.. your ok..

Dont worry about it.... your cars easily repairable..

... and taken WAY before its time too.. Get it fixed! and forget about it..

Don't worry i know what it feels like to have messed up your car, just need to get it fixed and as people have said, forget about it.

I'm not sure how you hit her, were you initially going the same speed, or did you just pull away thinking that she would pull away faster than she did?
I think legally, if you go into the back of another car, your at fault no matter what the circumstances, even if they anchored on the brakes or whatever.
I'm not saying its your ACTUAL fault, just that legally wise i believe it is.

his only human we all make mistakes now and then ffs hate comments like this lol

just try to learn from the experiance

Yeah, but it read as though hoodedreaper was placing blame with her for stopping suddenly.

However, if he couldn't stop in the distance, then he was too close.

i agree its entirely his fault... i just did exactly same thing 2 months after i passed my test too (but went through a red light that i didnt see), obviously I owned up that it was all my fault n that....

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude i am sorry to hear man i reli liked this micra, and i no how u feel crashing.

like ppl have said easily fixed

Not good news after only passing your test... :(

What's with the illegal blue front lights though, I thought they were for shows only? (as you had said)?

The bulbs were sold with the headlights.. and they are legal.. they are blue bulbs but the light emmitted was white..

Passed Mot etc..

Think they survived the ordeal too!..

tbh since your ok just laugh at it and learn from it.

I laughed when I fell off my scooter a couple months back :p bent my new 2 day old handle bars.

If it makes you feel better, i fell off my motorbike when i only had it for a week, caved in the front light, and i had to re-align the forks.

Oh no!!

glad you're OK!!

bad crack about the cars though...with a bit of luck you'll be able to dress it back up nice again :)...how did the meganesback end look?

ABS would have increased your stopping distance (took longer to stop compared with no wheel locking) but would have allowed you to steer while skidding....

.....you said about legs going to jelly etc.....you are a hero for sharing this assome people might have 'altered the story'...take this on board as part of lifes rich tapestry of learning,, and be glad it was the cars that took it, and not a young school kid dashing through the parked cars then going inder a tyre (dead meat) of the megane or K11 (EEK!)

Keep your chin up and it will be great to see the HR K11 back to its origial good looks

Rich

Sorry to hear about the car,

ABS would have increased your stopping distance (took longer to stop compared with no wheel locking) but would have allowed you to steer while skidding....

Not necessarily. Most people breakt too hard fully lock up and then loose traction and slowing down takes MUCH longer. in these cases ABS will significantly reduce stopping distance.

bad luck dude :(

hey man, sorry to hear about your car, I saw pics of it on another thread just the other week and I thought it looked awesome, but like everyone else says, at least your ok, and she looks totally fixable, so good luck with that too mate :grinning:

Not necessarily. .......

At first I couldnt work out why you would say that Ed, so I had a trawl back through hoods text

.....the car slid ......

Cheers for pointing this out Ed

Reminder To Sammo:
<don't rush through text when reading posts >

back to the ABS thing. I was wrong to say " ....ABS would have.... "

But in the context of ABS, I did include ".....compared with no wheel locking" in my post

....this is indeed correct

oh no mate what a shame! that was such a beautiful car too. but don't worry mate, you are ok and the car is kinda ok, just chuck on the old stuff, save your pennies and get it back to how it was. but i am really glad you are ok,

i did nearly the same thing with a landrover, just after buying my car :( so i know how you feel mate.

Nah i take full responibilty for the crash and i admitted to her it was my fault.i WASNT tail gating as i aint a boy racer lunitic! The front end is repairable,just need to hear from her now.

blame aside mate damage to your pride and joy is heart breaking! i know from experience, looks fixable though mate so dont worry too much at least your ok

that sucks the big one dude :( was loving that front end you sorted out!

cars can be fixed, might hurt your wallet a bit, similar thing happened to me not long after i got my license and never had a prang since...

Everyone crashes their first car, that's why it's not a good idea to put too much cash into it.
The only thing you could have done in that situation is took your foot off the brake and re-applied them, almost impossible to do though as this is an unnatural reaction lol.

Bit of T-cut and she'll look good as new.

The Front bumper is a Custom one..

So is the grill, the lights and the bonnet..

Cue - Kolumbo

The Fibreglass section of the bumper has taken a lot of impact and folded backwards... breaking the middle and popping the bumper from what seems like both wings..

The grill seems to have stood up really well, as has the welded and fibreglass part of the bonnet. Where the bonnets folded this usually splits the outermost parts of the plate and splits the filler and glass over the seam..

..but modified part seems to be ok.. however the bonnet as a whole is obviously goosed..

Ironically due to the modification of the Super S bumper, the bumper has much more flex in the middle without the Fibreglass...in the impact the fabricated part has 'smashed out' giving the bumper huge flex..Therefore saving the bumper.. ...

...if the bumper was All plastic, It would have creased and made repair much more work if at all possible..

Same applies to the grill

on a side note.. If the front end was completely standard, it would have taken marginally better in the impact.. but as Ive said above.. with it being modified its actually more repairable..

only cost me 25 quid :D Needed new slam panel and new blocks (the blocks that bolt to the chassis and the bumper bolts onto these blocks,sorry dont know the technical name)

Everything else went on well!

glad it was a easy fix mate now get it looking like it did before with the bumpers etc and have the best looking k11 again

glad it was a easy fix mate now get it looking like it did before with the bumpers etc and have the best looking k11 again

Best looking k11? Nah highly doubt it chap! Theres K11s out there thats better than mine!

Got 2 grilles being cut and modified so either of those will go on once sprayed.Bonnet and bumper will come later on when i can afford it

Back