couple o questions

Hiya folks, just got me a 99 T 1.0 inspiration great little car in A1 nick but i got a couple o questions.

I'm a pretty big bloke and when it comes to getting up some hills the poor wee girl is a little gutless and can slow right down to 25-30 but on the flat she hammers along no probs is this jus cos of the engine size & the fact that i'm a big bloke and just expectin' to much of her?

2nd question, she runs at a good temperature & fan kicks in when needed but after a while i get a hot oil smell from under bonnet more noticeable when i park up, oil is crystal clear no gunk visible anywhere no visible leaks engine sounds great any idea's, is this normal smell coming from breather?

Oh yeah one more thing when i turn the wheel (pas) when stationary the engine revs pick up is this normal? bit of a novice so excuse me if i'm asking the obvious!

First off, Power steering, it is normal for the engine to rev. This is due to putting extra strain on the engine and it needing to increase the revs to componsate. Similar to the revs increasing when you turn the lights on.

Is the car fitted with the standard airbox or has it got a K&N air filter on?

These engines have little torque and quite gutless up hill, drop it down a gear and keep the revs high, these are revvy little engines.

soulrebel, is you fan kicking in, in daily use ? (mine needs a summers day and standing traffic to kick in) :)

I think the smell is pretty normal, been a while since ive sniffed my engine bay lol. If it runs sweet and no traces of anything where it shouldnt be then you should be fine.

And yeah the 1.0 like to rev so keep it up hehe.

Frank, for a while i thought that the fan was faulty cos i hadn't heard it kick in or seen it running but t'other day while sitting in traffic it burst into action so no probs there.

Robb, revs it is then!! (Y)

Back