couple of questions

Wanted to get some idea on choice of wheel sizes and tyres, I was origionally thinking of 15's with 195-45-15 tyres. But with no power steering, having driven it for the first time today I found the steering suprisingly hard for a vehicle of this size and baring in mind its my wifes runabout I'm a little concerned that with that tyre and wheel choice its going to be much too hard for her, can anyone offer and experiences on this?

Also the car doesnt seem to have any central locking, which is a pain in the arse being a 5 door and having to lean into the back to open the doors. Should it have central locking or do some of the more basic models not bother? ( its a 1litre 16v, shape edition) I have found some pretty reasonable central locking kits, so I'm not too bothered but I thought I would check first!

Wanted to get some idea on choice of wheel sizes and tyres, I was origionally thinking of 15's with 195-45-15 tyres. But with no power steering, having driven it for the first time today I found the steering suprisingly hard for a vehicle of this size and baring in mind its my wifes runabout I'm a little concerned that with that tyre and wheel choice its going to be much too hard for her, can anyone offer and experiences on this?

Also the car doesnt seem to have any central locking, which is a pain in the arse being a 5 door and having to lean into the back to open the doors. Should it have central locking or do some of the more basic models not bother? ( its a 1litre 16v, shape edition) I have found some pretty reasonable central locking kits, so I'm not too bothered but I thought I would check first!

Got 195/45/15s on my car - found the steering to be heavy for about a fortnight, but as a result I now have arm muscles the size of most peoples thighs and can flick the car about with little issue hehe :grinning:

Seriously though - a 14" or even some nice 13"s might be a better option for her - or you could get power steering retrofitted?

The shape is a a base modle, doesnt have any central locking mate. so if your after it id get a kit, or rip the parts off another k11 in the scrappys.

As for the wheels, I have 195 / 45 / 15s on mine, I like the way it handles and its good for me but its heavy and my girlfriend cant park it as she says its way too heavy compared to hers (corsa d). So if its really your misses using it id forget the wheels man.

Hope that helps.

I kinda guessed that would be the case! i might try some 14's and see how they feel, at least with 14's I can lower it a bit more!

Ive found a complete aftermarket remote locking kit on ebay for £25 so that will probably work out cheaper than the scrappies.

Just out of interest do you have to open all k11 boots with the key, or is that a base model thing too!

base model. you could get the mechasinsim preatty easy. It is a leaver in down on the right hand side of the drivers seat. Opens the boot and petrol filler. the shape is the most basic one you can get really.

Back