A couple of stupid questions

Hi all,

I'm new to the Micra club as I've just bought a 2001 Micra 1.4 Sport+. I have no owners handbook and have a couple of questions:

1. Where does the jack go? At the moment its just rattling around in the boot! Does ti go on one side or under the spare wheel?

2. The instrument panel lighting is not very bright. Is there a dial somewhere that I can use to turn it up? I've looked around and can't seem to find one!

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Danny White:

the jack stores at the very back right of the boot (cavity between the boot floor and bottom edge of the boot opening)

on my 93 slx, the dash backlight has a dimmer wheel located beside the right side of steering column (the loose dimmer tended to roll downwards when driving over rough bumps and dimming the backlight over time so had to keep rolling it back up occasionally for full brightness..or just tape it up to keep it still)

When you find the space polly mentioned in the boot, its necessary to wind the jack up by hand to wedge it in the space.

You will probably find the bulbs have gone in the instrument cluster.

To change them you need to remove it, not particularly hard.

Take off the steering column trim (4 Phillips screws from underneath, carefully pull the bottom bit then the top bit off.

Next take the screws at the bottom of the instrument cluster trim out, then the 2 inside the top lip.

The cluster trim is located either side so jiggle it about gently then lift it off.

Next unscrew the instrument cluster, you will see the screws going thru the white plastic. Think there are 3 of them!

Take off the 2 or 3 long wiring connectors on the back of the cluster (depends what model you have) They all have a small tab in the middle which you need to press in with a small flat screwdriver.

Finally take the speedometer cable off. There is a small catch on the side. Hold it in, push the cable into the unit then ease it out.

On the back of the unit you will see the bulb holders. You just twist them to remove the bulbs. Personally, if I have to replace one bulb I just change the lot because they are about 5p each!

Back