Couple of questions

I've searched for answers to these questions but couldn't really find an answer to them.

Firstly, I'm just wondering about the NATS. To my understanding, the security light blinks when the car is off completely, but when the battery is on or the engine is started, what is the light supposed to do? Just wondering if mine is working properly.

Secondly, the odometer display and time always seems to be on, even with engine off and all doors closed and locked. Is this normal?

Finally the accelerator pedal on my Micra seems to be very stiff compared to anything I've driven before. Is this normal for Micras? If so, has anyone done anything to make it feel a bit slacker?

Thanks.

NATS (Nissan anti theft system) is your immobiliser. The chip within your key (red square) is picked up to tell the ECU to basically work. If you tried to start the car without this key (IE a re-cut one with no chip) it wouldn't work as NATS would not start the engine, it would turn over but not fire. The light is there to basically tell anyone thinking of nicking your car that it has an immobiliser. Or sometimes they are used to show you have an alarm.

Yes Clock is always on

The pedal can become stiff, if you open the engine bay, udnerneath the airbox you will find the throttle body. To the right hand side of this is where the throttle cable attaches. This can sometimes stiffen up and a little wd40 should sort that out.

Back